African Rural University Uganda (ARU) Physical Location
African Rural University Admissions. Visit Our Admissions Portal For Details
African Rural University is a value-based all women university that offers a professional discipline in Rural Development and enables students, staff and supporters have a shared vision and purpose;
An institution that has governance and management systems that nurture and promote participatory decision making, transformational education, training and endogenous knowledge development; products which include community practice, publications, public lectures, library, Rural Transformation Specialists and Research Methodology based on the Visionary Approach; Professional Board of Trustees, Council, Staff and Promoters grounded in the principles of the creative process, disciplines of a learning organization and holistic development.
ARU has a sustainable resource base and collaborates with public, private and academic institutions, Civil Society organizations, the donor community that share similar philosophy of empowerment of rural people for self-reliance.
The African Rural University for women provides transformational education to create effective change agents within an African development context. ARU applies theoretical learning, innovative instruction and field practice, so that ARU graduates can create conditions for people to improve their lives, transform their communities, awaken inherent leadership and increase their capacity for self-generating and sustainable change.
- The people of Uganda, like the people world over, are KEY to their own development.
- Lasting change comes only as people shift from reacting or adapting to events and circumstances to being the creators of events and circumstances.
- People who share a common vision can transcend traditional barriers and prejudices caused by tribal, religious, political and gender differences and work together to achieve that which is truly important to them all.
- People have innate power, wisdom and authority, which they can tap, to transform the quality of their lives and that of their communities.
- Training, education and information sharing are key strategies of transformation prog
The University is located 1.5 Km along Kagadi-Hoima Road, Kagadi Town council, Kibaale District in Mid western Uganda.