Aga Khan University Admission For Post-RM Bachelor of Science in Midwifery
The Post-RM BScM programme is a two-year programme designed to prepare its graduates to provide comprehensive, evidence-based midwifery care essentially to healthy women throughout pregnancy, childbirth postpartum care, neonatal care and family planning.
The programme is comprised of midwifery and related courses offering a unique blend of face-to-face and distance-learning approaches for theory and practice. It is spread over four semesters of 18 weeks each of full-time study.
Admissions are open for 2022-2023 cycle. The last date for submission of applications is April 28, 2022.
Candidates are required to apply online. For assistance in completing the online application, please go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or Understand the Online Process.
To be eligible to apply, candidates should have met the following requirements and criteria:
- Have obtained the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) (any group) or equivalent
- Have obtained the RN and RM Diploma
- Hold current/valid registration/license in their country of residence
- Have achieved at least a second division in the Provincial Nursing Board examination. Overseas applicants must submit evidence of successfully passing their national nursing registration / licensure examination
- Documentary evidence of minimum one year of clinical experience as RN by January 1, 2023. (PNC website date: September 6)
- All Registered Nurses holding an RN/RM must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Institution where RN/RM has been completed. The NOC must certify that the institution and/or affiliated hospital has no objection if the candidate pursues higher education at the Aga Khan University for the academic session 2023.
In line with Higher Education Commission [HEC] requirements, candidates should have completed the mandatory courses of English, Pakistan Studies and Islamic Studies/Ethics and Religion at BA/BSc level.
Candidates must achieve a competitive score on the AKU-SONAM Admission Test. Students may be required to attend supplementary English classes/or Midwifery Knowledge at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate qualities of communication, leadership and a commitment to the nursing profession. Candidates must also have sufficient nursing and midwifery knowledge and skills appropriate for study at the baccalaureate level. These qualities will be evaluated through the admission test, letters of reference and a personal interview with each candidate.
For further information you can reach us at:
Office of the Registrar
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Aga Khan University
Stadium Road, Karachi 74800
Tel: +92 21 3486 5406 / 5535