Aga Khan University Admission For Post-RN Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The Post-RN Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a two-year programme designed to give experienced Registered Nurses an opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge and skills needed to practice nursing care as clinically competent professional nurses. Graduates will be able to provide leadership and influence the development of the nursing profession in Pakistan.
Upon completion of the programme, nurses are able to utilise critical thinking in providing holistic nursing care and play a role as change agents in nursing practice and education in any health care setting. Nurses may enrol as full-time or part-time students.
Admissions are open for 2022-2023 cycle. The last date for submission of applications is April 28, 2022.
To be eligible to apply, candidates should have met the following requirements and criteria:
- Have obtained the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) (any group) or equivalent
- Have obtained the three-year RN Diploma
- Hold current/valid registration/license in their country of residence
- Have achieved at least a second division in the Provincial Nursing Board examination. Overseas applicants must submit evidence of successfully passing their national nursing registration / licensure examination
- Completed RM Diploma (any post-basic specialty for male in lieu of midwifery)
- All Registered Nurses holding an RN/RM must submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Institution where RN/RM has been completed. The NOC must certify that the institution and/or affiliated hospital has no objection if the candidate pursues higher education at the Aga Khan University for the academic session 2023.
In line with Higher Education Commission (HEC) requirements, candidates should have completed the mandatory courses of English, Pakistan Studies and Islamic Studies/Ethics and Religion at BA/BSc level.
Candidates must achieve a competitive score on the AKU-SONAM Admission Test. Students may be required to attend supplementary English classes/or Nursing Knowledge at the discretion of the Admission Committee.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate qualities of communication, leadership and a commitment to the nursing profession. Candidates must also have sufficient nursing knowledge and skills appropriate for study at the baccalaureate level. These qualities will be evaluated through the admission test, letters of reference and a personal interview with each candidate.
For further information you can reach us at: Office of the Registrar
School of Nursing and Midwifery
Aga Khan University
Stadium Road, Karachi 74800
Tel: +92 21 3486 5406 / 5535