Bachelor of Commerce Day and Evening At Makerere University
A bachelor of commerce degree is an undergraduate qualification that empowers students with commercial skills and knowledge to enter commerce and industry. Core curriculum subjects include areas, like economics, finance, business management and accounting practices.
Bachelor of Commerce Day and Evening At Makerere University Entry Requirements
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2020, 2019 and 2018 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for. ( Details of the Diploma Admission requirements for the current academic year can be viewed here.
Be a Graduate from a recognised university.
- (i) At least second class/credit Diploma from a recognised Institution in relevant fields/subjects (Mathematics, economics).
- (ii) Applicants to Bachelor of Commerce, shall be admitted to the First Year of study because the programme is highly specialised.
How To Apply For Online Admission
Online Application Instructions
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal
Access The online application link by clicking here: https://ugandafact.com/ Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
Step 2: Signup
– Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the page. If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email address.
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
– Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
Check Makerere University Application Deadline
– After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can remember. Password should have at least a length of six Characters
– The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes. Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application forms Read more
Programme Duration: 2 Years
Job Prospects After Studying Bachelor of Commerce
Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
Certified Financial Planner.
Certificate in Investment Banking (CIB)
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)