Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences At Soroti University
A BSc in Biomedicine is a Bachelor’s program that gives students the skills they need to enter the workforce in a field of science or to move on to an advanced degree. Knowledge gained includes a deep understanding of plant and animal cells, genetics, organic chemistry.
i. Must have passed the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent and obtained at least 5 passes
ii. Must have passed and obtained two (2) principal passes in Biology and Chemistry at A’ level (UACE) or its equivalent obtained at the same sitting.
iii. Must have done Physics or Mathematics and obtained at least a subsidiary pass
iv. Only Candidates who sat A-‘Level in 2018, 2017 and 2016 are eligible to apply for Direct Entry.
B) DIPLOMA HOLDERS ENTRY SCHEME:
i. Must have passed the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent and obtained at least five (5) passes.
ii. Must have passed the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least one (1) principal pass in Biology or Chemistry obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
iii. Hold a Diploma from a Health Training institution
accredited by the National Council for Higher Education in any of the following Health Professional disciplines:
Nursing / Midwifery, Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Radiography, Physiotherapy, Anesthesia, Orthopedics, Pharmacy, Clinical Medicine, Environmental Health and Dentistry.
iv.Applicants must have a working experience of at least 2 years in the above relevant fields by the time of application.
v.Must be registered with the relevant Professional body and possess a valid practicing license.
i.CANDIDATES WHO OBTAINED GRADES X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 IN UCE / ‘O’LEVEL SHOULD NOT APPLY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION.
ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Things you need
- An email address and contact number
- You academic Documents to pick Key detail like award institution, index number for ” O” and “A” level, year of award or sitting
- An Internet Connection
- How to Do it
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal Link
Access The online application link : https://admissions.sun.ac.ug/ . Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
Step 2: Signup
- Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
- A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
- Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
- After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can Password should have at least a length of six Characters
- The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes ,Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for, Click here to Apply Online For Any University in Uganda
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application form
Once the form is completely filled and submitted the following actions can be done
NOTE: Remember to Logout after you have finished applying