What Is Borrow Airtime On Airtel?
Airtel Extra Credit allows you to borrow airtime when you run out. This is a perfect solution to reload your phone with Airtime for calls during an emergency. It also allows you to borrow airtime that can to be used for all chargeable Airtel services.
How To Borrow Airtime On Airtel In Uganda
In hard times where you have zero balance on all your Airtel accounts and you’re in need of data or airtime, Airtel allows you to borrow and pay later.
Airtel Uganda allows its customers to borrow data bundles and airtime that they can pay at a later time. This was introduced in that if a customer has zero balance on their mobile money or airtime and they are in much need to contact/reach someone, they have now the power to borrow from Airtel. This can help you in these times of Covid-19 and lockdowns,
Unlike other services like Airtel, where you incur an interest, with borrowing data or airtime, you don’t. You on the other hand don’t get payment deadlines, and so you can pay back at any time by crediting your account. However, to be eligible to borrow, you have to meet the telco’s minimum standards that are often maxed at having an active account for the past 3 months.
You can borrow up to 10,000, which is the highest amount of credit you can access by Airtel Beerako.
This also depends on your credit rating. It is not all the time that you can be offered a credit of UGX 10,000. Your use of the Airtel service must satisfy given conditions.
The other amounts of airtime you can borrow from Airtel are UGX 500, UGX 1000, UGX 2000, and UGX 5000.
With Beerako, which is Airtel’s borrow airtime credit service, you can now borrow airtime when you need it, and payback when next you load airtime on your phone. To borrow airtime on Airtel,
- Step 1: Dial *155#
- Step 2: follow the prompts to access the credit loan amount you wish to borrow.
NOTE; The airtime loan amounts you are eligible to borrow will always be shown on your phone or tablet screen when you dial the code for borrowing airtime credit, so you cannot borrow more than the Beerako service expects you to access.
Requirements For Accessing An Airtel Airtime Loan
- A customer must have a fully registered Airtel SIM card
- A customer must have at least loaded airtime of UGX 800 in the last 30 days
- An airtime loan can only be given to a customer who has fully paid back their previous airtime credit balances
- Customers must have a SIM card that has been active over the last 90 days or more.
How can I activate free data on Airtel Uganda?
Get 30 GB Free Airtel Internet Trick
- You have to insert your 4G sim for the first time on the 4G handset, wait for 5-6 hours, and dial 51111 to activate the offer.
- That’s it, and you will enjoy 1 GB of internet data for 30 consecutive days.
How can I claim my 5GB free on Airtel?
For this, you need to apply the following steps:
- Go to the My Coupons section in the Airtel Thanks App.
- There you can find the coupons having your unique Airtel 5GB free data number.
- Now, click on the “Redeem” option available at the coupon.
- Soon, 1GB of data will get credited to your account.