What Is MTN Shares?
MTN Shares means either the Class B ordinary shares of the Company held by MTN or the ordinary shares redesignated from such Class B ordinary shares of the Company held by MTN immediately prior the IPO, as the context may require.
How To Buy MTN Shares In Uganda
MTN Uganda Limited opened its initial public offer (IPO) of 20% of its ordinary shares. This was approved by the Capital Markets Authority of Uganda (CMA) and the Uganda Securities Exchange (USE). The secondary sale of 4.4 billion shares by the MTN Group will be at an offer price of UGX200 per share. Here is how you can buy for MTN shares in Uganda.
- The Price of 1 share is UGX 200.
- Any Ugandan can buy the shares for as low as UGX 100,000.
- Minimum number of shares is 500.
- Applications for MTN shares are in batches of 500 each, and there are no limits on how many MTN shares you can buy.
- Offers close at 4:00pm on 22nd November 2021.
- Announcement of share allocation at 4:00pm 3rd December.
Buy MTN Shares Using USSD Short Codes
You will need an SCD number
- Launch phone app.
- Dial *165*65# and press OK.
- Select option 2, Apply for MTN Shares.
- Choose to apply for yourself (For self) or for another individual (For Other) option.
- Select broker.
- Enter shares you want to buy.
- Confirm with Mobile money pin.
Note: The method above is free plus you get bonus shares.
Apply via USE Easy portal
- Open your browser.
- Visit https://scd.use.or.ug
- Sign with your email and password. If you are joining for the first time, click on Create Account and fill in the details. An email will be sent to your registered email address, open it and confirm registration.
- Enter SCD details.
- Then click on Current IPOS from the Menu.
- Select MTN IPO.
- Enter the shares you want to buy and follow the prompts.
Use Stock Brokers to Apply for MTN Shares
- Visit the Stock broker premises.
- Inform broker that you want to buy MTN shares.
- He/She will give you an application form.
What is the benefit of buying MTN shares?
According to the CEO, MTN is offering shareholders both strong dividends and strong growth. Growth of the dividends and growth of the market price with consistent payout.
How do I activate MTN share and sell?
To activate the MTN Share and Sell service on your phone, all you have to do is just change your Share and Sell PIN from the default pin and register a new pin. To register your Share ‘N’ Sell PIN, there are two possible ways: You can send an SMS in this format: Default PIN Your New PIN Your New PIN to 777.