How To Join Uganda Army
How To Join Uganda Army – Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs have released the Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Date for the year.
In 2004 the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs (MoDVA) undertook a comprehensive program to transform the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) into a modern, professional, and accountable force subordinate to the civilian authority. This undertaking has enabled the UPDF to acquire requisite skills and capabilities to defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda.
Peace and Stability remain a fundamental prerequisite for socio-economic transformation for any country. It is therefore envisaged in the Uganda Vision 2040, that Uganda can only harness her abundant opportunities and achieve its aspirations when there is absolute tranquillity.
This imperative has therefore become a cornerstone in all UPDF missions and drives the institution to keep an all-time force that is modern and professional replenished through a continuous recruitment of able-bodied willing Ugandans. Articles 51 and 52 of the UPDF Act, 2005 give UPDF authority to recruit Ugandans who meet the standards prescribed in all districts without discrimination. How To Join Uganda Army
Therefore, this years’ recruitment exercise aims at attracting very composed and patriotic Ugandans ready to serve in regular, professional and specialized units. It is an opportunity for UPDF to fill gaps created by retirements and also tap skills of personnel with competencies in science subjects required in a modern army. For one to be recruited he/she must meet the following criteria:
CHECK OUT: Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Application Form
The recruitment criteria, centres and dates are as indicated below:
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA : How To Join Uganda Army
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship: MUST be a Ugandan citizen and must be in possession of an Original National Identity Card.
2. Medical: MUST be healthy and medically fit; ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
3. Age: Regular Recruits must be male and female adults between the age of 18-25 years and professionals between 18 and 30 years.
4. Marital status: MUST be single with no children.
5. Education standard. Regular Recruits must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or S.6 in science subjects. Original certificates of 2016, 2017 and 2018 with a school IDs are a must.
6. Professionals: Degree/Diploma holders in medicine, chemistry, Engineering, teachers and vocational skills.
7. Conduct: Candidates must be of good conduct with no criminal record. Letters of recommendations from LC I, LC III, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
8. Moral Standards: Presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
Additional info on UPDF National Recruitment Exercise due 27th Dec – 5th Jan
*Requirements for UPDF-Airforce Candidates
a. S.6 biased in Science subjects such as physics, math and, Geography.
b. Degree and Diploma holders in Aviation related fields such as:
1. Pilots with Private Pilot Licence (PPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Pilot Instructors.
2. Aircraft maintenance Engineers category A&C ( Engine and Airframe), category X ( Electrical and Avionics, Radio and Instruments).
3. Air Traffic Controllers.
4. Radar Engineers and Radar Operators.
5. Flight Operators.
SEE ALSO: Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates
B. RECRUITMENT CENTRES AND DATES : How To Join Uganda Army
|LYANTONDE DIST||LYANTONDE||27 DEC 19|
|MASAKA DIST HQs||MASAKA||28 DEC 19|
|MPIGI DIST HQs||MPIGI||29 DEC 19|
|MITYANA DIST HQs||MITYANA||31 DEC 19|
|KIBOGA DIST HQs||KYANKWANZI||02 JAN 20|
|LUWERO DIST HQs||LUWERO||04 JAN 20|
|HOIMA DIST HQs||HOIMA with||27 DEC 19|
|FORT PORTAL DIST||KABAROLE||29 DEC 19|
|BUNDIBUGYO –||BUNDUBUGYO||30 DEC 19|
|KASESE DIST HQs||KASESE||31 DEC 19|
|BUSHENYI DIST||BUSHENYI||02 JAN 20|
|MBARARA DIST||MBARARA with||03 JAN 20|
RECRUITMENT CENTRES AND DATES : How To Join Uganda Army
|KABALE DIST HQs||KABALE||04 JAN 20|
|RUKUNGIRI DIST||RUKUNGIRI||05 JAN 20|
|ARUA – DIST HQs||ARUA with MADI-||27 DEC 19|
|NEBBI – DIST HQS||NEBBI with||28 DEC 19|
|GULU – DIST HQs||GULU||29 DEC 19|
|KITGUM – DIST HQS||KITGUM||30 DEC 19|
|PADER – DIST HQs||PADER||31 DEC 19|
|LIRA – DIST HQS||LIRA||02 JAN 20|
|APAC – DIST HQS||APAC with||03 JAN 20|
|MASINDI – DIST||MASINDI||05 JAN 20|
|KOTIDO DIST HQs||KOTIDO||27 DEC 19|
|MOROTO DIST HQs||MOROTO with|
|LUSOT||28 DEC 19|
RECRUITMENT CENTRES AND DATES : How To Join Uganda Army
|KAPCHORWA DIST||KAPCHORWA||30 DEC 19|
|MBALE – DIST HQS||MBALE||31 DEC 19|
|SOROTI DIST HQs||SOROTI||02 JAN 20|
|BUDAKA DIST HQs||PALISA||03 JAN 20|
|TORORO DIST HQs||TORORO||04 JAN 20|
|IGANGA DIST HQs||IGANGA with||05 JAN 20|
|KOLOLO CENTRE||KAMPALA||27 DEC 19|
|WAKISO DIST HQs||WAKISO||28 – 29|
|KAMULI DIST HQs||KAMULI||30 DEC 19|
|JINJA DIST HQs||JINJA||31 DEC 19|
|MUKONO DIST HQs||MUKONO||02 JAN 20|
(Details shall be posted in newspaper adverts and radio announcements).
The UPDF leadership has set up teams to ensure that the exercise achieves its objectives within the time given. Districts are encouraged to meet their quotas allocated as per the results of the population census which will be communicated by the team leaders. How To Join Uganda Army
Finally, let it be clear that recruitment into the UPDF is not an off-the hook job opportunity, but rather a patriotic calling to serve our country Uganda in a field that requires great sacrifice and determination from the very first day of recruitment to the last day of one’s service.
For God and My Country.
Richard Karemire psc, fwc