What Is Tin Numbers?
A TIN is a unique ten-digit identifying number allocated by the Uganda Revenue Authority to prospective Taxpayers to enable them to meet their tax obligations. The TIN is a legal requirement and it applies to all taxpayers regardless of their tax transactions.
How Do I Register For TIN Number Online?
TIN Registration Process for Individuals
- STEP 1: Visit the verification portal – Joint Tax Board.
- STEP 2: Select your date of birth.
- STEP 3: Select your preferred search criteria.
- STEP 4: Enter the digit of the search criteria you selected in the previous step.
How Do I Get A Uganda URA TIN Number?
To access the web-based application, only 5 steps suffice: Visit www.ura.go.ug, Go to eServices, Click instant TIN, Fill in the required fields and click submit.
Expected Delivery Time For Tin Numbers In Uganda
- URA will send an Auto notification of the receipt of your application upon submission.
- For applications without VAT, we aim to notify you of your TIN or a decision on your registration application within 2 working days of receiving all the necessary information.
- For applications with VAT, we aim to notify you of the proposed inspection/interview date within 3 working days which you can consent to or defer to a more convenient one.
- After inspection, we aim to notify you of your TIN or decision on your registration application within 21 working days.
Why Do You Need A TIN Number?
It enables you to:
- Import or export goods within and outside Uganda.
- Claim tax benefits that accrue to you e.g. tax refunds etc.
- Access bank loans for amounts above 50 Million shillings.
- Acquire a license from any Government Agency.
- Register your Motor Vehicle First-time Motor Vehicle Registration
- Process land transactions above 50 Million Shillings.
How Can I Find My TIN Number Online?
How To Recover TIN Number (Lost or Forgotten)
- Install the TIN Verifier Mobile Application on Your Mobile Device.
- Select the TIN VERIFIER Button.
- Read the Disclaimer and Click Proceed.
- Select TIN INQUIRY.
How Long Does It Take To Get A TIN Number In Uganda?
Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
For applications without VAT, we aim to notify you of your TIN or a decision on your registration application within 2 working days of receiving all the necessary information.
How Much Is A TIN Number In Uganda?
The Tax Identification Number (TIN) is a 10-digit number that works as your identity when meeting tax obligations. Like a bank account number, the TIN acts as an account number for a taxpayer with URA. It is issued at every URA service center using the authority’s online platform at no cost.
How Do I Generate TIN Number?
You can use the IRS’s Interactive Tax Assistant tool to help determine if you should file an application to receive an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). To obtain an ITIN, you must complete IRS Form W-7, IRS Application for Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
What Are The Documents Required For TIN Number?
- Personal Details such as your First Name.
- Contact addresses including a working email Address.
- Occupation such as Applicants occupation.
- Work Permit number if you are a Non-Resident and on a work visa.
- Bank Account details.
- Employer Details.
Can You Get A TIN Number Without Employer?
A Tax Identification Number (TIN) is assigned to an individual who will soon be paying taxes, either as an employed or self-employed income-earner. However, a lot of people are wondering if, as an unemployed individual, they too could apply for their TIN. The answer is yes.
Can I Get My TIN Number In One Day?
If your employer required you to process your TIN application yourself, head to the RDO where your company is registered and submit all requirements there. Your ID will be processed within the day.
How Do I Get TIN Number For My Business?
To obtain a TIN for a business already incorporated at the Corporate Affairs Commission, you will need to go to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) office that is closest to your registered address. You can find the locations on the FIRS website with the following documents: Memorandum & Articles of Association.
How Do I Apply For TIN If Unemployed?
The application procedure is as follows.
- Visit the Revenue District Office which has jurisdiction over your current address or residence.
- Get a copy of the BIR Form 1904 and fill it then make a duplicate copy.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the person-in-charge in the office.
Caution To Register For Tin Numbers In Uganda
- URA is not responsible for any monies paid for services indicated as FREE.
- Always submit necessary physical documents with relevant attachments to the selected service centre to avoid delays and inconveniences.
- URA will send your password and other communication to the email address provided on your application form.
- URA is not liable to any fraudulent activities that may arise from:
- Sharing your email address passwords with other parties.
- Declaration of emails addresses that do not belong to the applicant.
- Always submit correct and accurate information on the application form to avoid delays or inconveniences.