International Medical and Technological University (IMTU) Postgraduate Courses Offered
Masters Degree Programs :
The Faculty of Medicine of the International Medical and Technological University currently offers three types of Masters’s Degree Programs namely:
- Master of Medicine (MMed)
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Master of Medicine (MMed) Degree Programme:
These are six-semester (three-year) programs intended to train proficient and skilled human resources to improve the delivery of quality specialist healthcare services including research and training of health professionals in the country.
The first semester is devoted to biomedical (basic) sciences core courses which should not be less than five and not more than six. During semesters 2-6, trainees receive an in-depth study of various discipline-specific courses and pursue a comprehensive apprenticeship in the patient care settings, depending on the subject of specialization.
During semesters 3-6, trainees design, conduct, and report research work towards a dissertation in partial fulfillment of the award of the respective M Med degree. Specific programs under this category include:
- Master of Medicine in Surgery (M Med Surgery)
- Master of Medicine in Paediatrics and Child Health (M Med Paed and Child Health)
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine (M Med Internal Medicine)
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (M Med Obs and Gyn)
Entry Requirements for M Med Programmes:
- A holder of a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or equivalent from this University with at least a “B” grade in the subject to be studied.
- Applicant must have successfully completed an internship and must have obtained a “B’’ grade or above.
- Applicant must have completed at least one-year working experience as a medical practitioner.
P.O. Box 77594,
Dar es Salaam,