List Of Brigadiers In Uganda
A Brigadier General serves as the advisor and Deputy Commander to a Major General commanding a division-sized unit of 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers, and assists in overseeing the tactical planning and coordination of division operations.
Here are the List Of Brigadiers In Uganda
1. Charles Bakahumura- Chief of Military Intelligence
2. James Mugira-Managing Director Luwero Industries.
3. John Mugume-Chief of UPDF shop
4. Dick Olum-just returned from Somalia
5. Michael Ondoga-on trial in UPDF court martial
6. Joseph Musanyufu-Chief of Personnel and Administration
7. Francis Chemonges-Commandant Kalama Armoured Warfare Training School(KAWTS)
8. Joseph Ssemwanga- He is the commander of Armoured brigade in Masaka. He joined the army in 1995.
9. Deus Sande- Chief Instructor Artillery
10. Geofrey Katsigazi-under Artillery division
11. George Igumba
12. Tom Tumuhairwe-Service Brigade
13. Geofrey Taban- Defence attaché in Congo
14. Joram Kakari-Chief of Pensions
15. Sam Kavuma-Commander Uganda Contingent in Somalia
16. Peter Elwelu-Second division commander
17. Paul Lokech-Defence Attaché in Russia
18. Innocent Oula-UPDF representative in parliament
19. Lucky Kidega-New commander of Regional Task Force hunting LRA
20. Nakibus Lakara-Third Division Commander
21. Henry Tumukunde-Not deployed
22. Muhoozi Kainerugaba-Commander
How many UPDF soldiers are there in Uganda?
Uganda currently has over 5,000 soldiers and officers from the Uganda People’s Defence Force (UPDF) serving with 10,000-strong AMISOM mission, along with troops from Burundi and Djibouti.
What is the motto of UPDF?
To defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda, and the Constitution that encapsulates people’s sovereignty through popular will.
Apply to Join Uganda Peoples Defense Forces (UPDF)
- A hand written application should be addressed to the Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs Human resource Department on the dates mentioned in the advert depending on applicant area of origin.You can also visit their website on the following Link Uganda Peoples Defence forces UPDF
- Pick the Application form from the Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs Human resource Department, which should be ﬁlled in triplicate and submitted the same to the Ministry Of Defense and Veteran Affairs Human resources department.
- The application forms can also be obtained from the various recruitment centres across the country as indicated by the advert.
- The applications should bear the title as well as the Reference Number of the post applied for.
- Applicants should attach the following documents before submission
- Three recent passport size photos,
- Three sets of certiﬁed photocopies of their academic transcripts and
- Certiﬁcates and National identity card (ID).
- Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the ﬁrst and second choice against the post applied for.
- Applicants if subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present the following documents :-
- Certiﬁed copies and originals of the academic transcripts
- certiﬁcates at the time of sitting interviews.
- Your personal details (like full name, date of birth and address)
- Your education history and qualifications
- Your employment history
- Any convictions
- Your financial situation and any business interests
- Any tattoos you have
- Before joining the force , you will have to complete a medical and fitness test to make sure you’ve got the strength and endurance needed to be army officer of UPDF.
- Next, the applicant should not have been convicted of any criminal offence in any court of law.
- In addition, successful candidates must be prepared to undergo a Twelve (12) months of intensive training before deployment.
- Next, you’ll undergo robust background and security checks, involving searches on national and local information databases
- Once you’ve successfully completed all of the stages in the application process, you will now be in a position to report for further Training and the recruitment officers will give you all the details of everything you need to know about your potential training dates and next steps.
- All successful candidates are expected to report to any of the following Army Training Schools;-
- UMA Kabamba Military school
- JCSC Gadaffi Jinja
- Uganda Military Engeneering college
- Oliver Tembo Leadership School Kaweweta
- Armoured warfare Training school
- Non commissioned officer Academyfor the 12 months intensive Training Course.
- Handwritten applications
- Application forms 3(2008)
- Three photocopies of certificates/result slips.
- Three (03) recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of National citizenship identity card and ID of former school.
- Certificate of good conduct with no criminal record
- A letter of recommendation from L.C. I chairpersons of your villages
- Recommendation letter from L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
- A reliable telephone contact of the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Peoples Defense Forces (UPDF)
Plot M193/M194, Mbuya Hill Kampala,
P.O. Box 3798, Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414565346/7/8/9,