What is the meaning of IT? Information technology (IT) is the use of any computers, storage, networking and other physical devices, infrastructure and processes to create, process, store, secure and exchange all forms of electronic data.
List Of IT Schools In Uganda
The Institute offers full time courses on either day or Evening program. Certificate programs take one year while Diploma programs take two years. All our programs are accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE) and recognized by all Universities in Uganda
- Makerere University. Makerere University is the best computer institution in Uganda in 2022.
- Uganda Institute of Information and Communications Technology (UICT). It’s the best Computer Science school in Uganda.
- Aptech Computer Training.
- Kampala International University.
- Uganda Technology and Management University.
- Kyambogo University. Kyambogo University is also one of the best ICT universities in Uganda in 2022 today.
- Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
- Clarke International University.
- Kampala University.
- Cavendish University Uganda.
- Victoria University.
- Uganda Institute of Information and Communication Technology.
- Bugema University.
- St. Lawrence University.
- St. Augustine University.
- Uganda Christian University.
- Uganda Martyrs University.
- ISBAT University Kampala.
- Nkumba University.
- Ndejje University.
- Gulu University.
- Soroti University.
- The International University of East Africa.
- Metropolitan International University.
- Rainbow International School.
- GEMS Cambridge International School. And finally,
- Kampala Parent’s School.
1. Diploma in Telecommunications Engineering (TE)
2. Diploma in Computer Technology (CT)
3. Diploma in Information Technology for Science (ITS)
4. Diploma in Information Technology for Business (ITB)
1. Certificate in Information and Communication Technology
1. Diploma in Business Administration
2. Diploma in Human Resource Management
3. Diploma in Project Planning and Management
4. Diploma in Records & Archives Management
5. Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
6. Diploma in Accounting and Finance
1. Certificate in Business and Management Studies
2. Certificate in Library and Information Science
Is IPMC a tertiary institution?
Tertiary institutions include a University, University College, and Post-Secondary Diploma awarding institution, Professional body awarding Certificates or Diplomas or Professional Training Institution.
What is NIIT computer course?
NIIT’s computer science diploma program too is turning students into professionals, who employers can bank on from Day 1. The company has developed a special curriculum for its diploma in computer courses that enable students to gain in-depth knowledge of all critical concepts of technology, soft skills and grooming.
Which university is best for Software Engineering in Uganda?
Colleges and Universities Offering Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering in Uganda
- The International University of East Africa, Kampala.
- Bugema University , Kampala.
- Ndejje University, Kampala.
- Makerere University, Kampala.
What are the requirements to study software engineering?
Curriculum focuses on the core principles of software engineering, programming languages, and modern approaches to software development. Bachelor’s Degree (Four Years): A bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field, is the traditional minimum degree preferred by employers.
Uganda Information Technology salaries
The salary range for people working in Uganda in Information Technology is typically from 712,077.00 UGX (minimum salary) to 3,294,869.00 UGX (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher).