List Of Neurosurgery Schools In Uganda
Neurosurgery is surgery of the nervous system. It is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of of patients with injury to, or diseases/disorders of the brain, spinal cord and spinal column, and peripheral nerves within all parts of the body.
- Makerere University School of Medicine
- Mbarara University School of Medicine
- Gulu University School of Medicine
- IHK Postgraduate Medical School
- Kampala International University School of Health Sciences
- Uganda Martyrs University School of Medicine
- St. Augustine International University, College of Health, Medical & Life Sciences
- Busitema University School of Medicine
- Habib Medical School
- Soroti University School of Health Sciences
- Kabale University School of Medicine
- Uganda Christian University School of Medicine
- Uganda Christian University School Of Medicine
What subjects are needed to become a surgeon in Uganda?
Admission to medical school requires the candidate to have attained a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) as well as proficiency in Biology or Zoology, Chemistry and Physics at A-level standards. Training leading to the degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) lasts five years.
How much does it cost to study medicine in Uganda?
Tuition Fee: UGX 1,344,000 – 2,240,000The Makerere University School of Medicine, also known as the Makerere University School of Medicine, is the medical school of Makerere University, the largest and oldest public university in Uganda, as well as, one of the best medical schools in Uganda.
How do l become a surgeon?
- Get a bachelor’s degree. Most surgeons start their careers by earning excellent grades in their undergraduate studies.
- Take the Medical College Admission Test.
- Excel in medical school.
- Pass a licensure exam.
- Undergo a surgical residency.
- Obtain state licensure.
What age do you become a surgeon?
According to the responses, the training of surgical residents starts between the ages of 24 and 30 (average age 26.5). The training period varies between 5 and 10 years (average 6 years). The average age of a surgeon, at the time of appointment to a definite position in a hospital, is 36.8 (age range 30–45).
Neurosurgeon Salary In Uganda
Neurosurgeon Range:USh 0 – USh 0 (Estimated *) Average:USh 18,000,000