Makerere University Online Application
How to Apply Online at Mak
Dear Prospective Applicant,
We welcome and thank you for choosing Makerere University for your next degree programme. Below you will find step by step instructions on how to successfully apply for our various programmes online.
You will need
- A valid E-mail address – You MUST have access to this email address
- A valid Phone Number
- A stable Internet connection to complete your application form
How to create your account
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/
- Click on the REGISTER NOW Button from the Login Page, you will be redirected to a Register Page where you will fill the form with your details as they appear on your Academic Documents.
- During Registration, you will be asked for your First Name, Last Name, Other Names, Email address, Telephone Number and Gender.
- The Email address and Telephone Number MUST be unique and never have been used by any other person for applications before.
- After Successful Registration, you will be redirected back to Login Page and your One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to both your E-mail address and Phone Number.
- Check your Email and SMS for your login password. (For the Email option, please check the Spam folder as well)
- On the Login Page choose either the LOGIN WITH EMAIL or LOGIN WITH PHONE option and enter your Email/Phone number and the OTP you received.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Please follow the rules on password creation as shown on the page and click Change Password when done. You will receive a confirmation that your password has been changed.
NOTE: Your Registration Details are not Editable, make sure you provide correct details.
Please click the embedded video below for a step-by-step guide on the instructions
How to apply for a programme
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/ and login with the credentials created in the previous steps
- You will be presented with a list of the RUNNING SCHEMES. Choose you preferred scheme and click on APPLY NOW.
- Fill the form shown as instructed, taking note of the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*) and when done, click on Save. You can always resume your application at any one time.
Please click the embedded video below for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a programme