Master of Nursing Science in Mental Health Nursing At Mbarara University of Science and Technology
Mental Health Sciences MSc integrates biological, psychological and social perspectives on mental health and caters both for psychology graduates and for clinicians wishing to undertake a broad-based, rigorous and flexible higher degree.
Master of Nursing Science in Mental Health Nursing At Mbarara University of Science and Technology Entry Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 passes
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 principal passes.
- An Honors degree from an accredited degree awarding institution
- Candidates who have a Pass degree should have at least a Postgraduate Diploma with at least a credit from an accredited degree awarding institution.
Additionally, for international applicants:
- Applicants whose first language or medium of instruction is not English, must provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language.
- Applicants should have their documents verified by NCHE.
- Applicants should have their degree certificate and transcript translated and converted into an equivalent of Ugandan Universities’ CGPA
For applicants to clinical programmes;
- Have documentary evidence of Internship Training indicating disciplines and dates.
- Be registered or eligible for registration with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council.
- A current certificate of good standing with the Medical Practitioners’ Council of the country of origin.
Apply for Mbarara University of Science and Technology Online Application
An honors degree in Bachelor’s in Nursing (Bachelor in Nursing Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Nursing)
Duration: 2 Years
Master of Nursing Science in Mental Health Nursing Job Prospects
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
Health play specialist
High intensity therapist
Learning disability nurse
Mental health nurse
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
Further education teacher
Health service manager
Higher education lecturer