Master of Science in Biology At Mbarara University of Science and Technology
The Master of Science in Biology program is designed to provide a strong foundation in concepts and principles of the life sciences, to develop appropriate skills and to inculcate in the students a proper attitude towards biological research and investigation.
Master of Science in Biology At Mbarara University of Science and Technology Entry Requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 passes
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least 2 principal passes.
- An Honors degree from an accredited degree awarding institution
- Candidates who have a Pass degree should have at least a Postgraduate Diploma with at least a credit from an accredited degree awarding institution.
Additionally, for international applicants:
- Applicants whose first language or medium of instruction is not English, must provide evidence from a recognized English language training institution that they have sufficient command of English language.
- Applicants should have their documents verified by NCHE.
- Applicants should have their degree certificate and transcript translated and converted into an equivalent of Ugandan Universities’ CGPA
Apply for Mbarara University of Science and Technology Online Application
To be eligible for admission to this programme, the candidate must fulfil the general University requirements for admission to a Master’s Programme. In addition, the candidate must fulfil the following programme specific requirements.
A candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree of at least second-class lower division in Botany/Zoology, Forestry, Agriculture, Science education, Veterinary science/medicine, Environmental conservation or any other relevant field
The minimum duration of the MSc. in Natural Resources’ Ecology Conservation and Management programme will be a minimum of two Academic Years consisting of 4 semesters and a maximum of three academic years consisting of 6 semesters.
Careers Employment Opportunities
Career prospects include Biology Science teaching, lecturer in Biological sciences at tertiary level, Research Scientist at various Research institutions/organization like National Agricultural Research Organization (NARO), Wildlife conservation Managers in Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA), Natural Resource managers in government and private firms, Environmental health researchers in water quality(National Water and Sewerage Cooperation), soil quality, waste management, environmental urban planning (Municipal and City councils), Environmental and Ecological Consulting and Planning, and Environmental Policy analysts in international, governmental and private entities.