MSc in Agroforestry and Community Development at Makerere University
The 2years MSc course in Agroforestry is intended for students with a strong interest in forestry and/or farming and who want to strengthen their understanding of agroforestry practice and natural resource management around the world.
MSc in Agroforestry and Community Development At Makerere University Entry Requirements
- i) An applicant must be a holder of at least a Second Class Lower Division degree or its equivalent awarded by Makerere University or any other recognized/ chartered institution at the time of completion.
- ii) An applicant who is a holder of a third class degree or its equivalent may be admitted only after providing evidence of academic growth and maturity in the desired field of study as judged by the Board of Research and Graduate Training
- iii) A Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting.
- iv) A Ugandan Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least five passes
Applicants must possess a good honours degree in relevant disciplines such as botany, zoology, agriculture, extension education, forestry, environmental sciences, Meteorology, Geography and social sciences from a recognized University/Institution.
Core courses and electives of the programme require previous knowledge, skills and experience on agroforestry and community development. Therefore, depending on the background, a student may be required to take remedial courses, which shall be specified by the department.
How To Apply For Online Admission
Online Application Instructions
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal
Access The online application link by clicking here: https://ugandafact.com/ Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
Step 2: Signup
– Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the page. If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email address.
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
– Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
Check Makerere University Application Deadline
– After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can remember. Password should have at least a length of six Characters
– The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes. Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application forms Read more