MUST 2023 First Mile Programe Scholarship Opportunity | Apply Now
The MUST Faculty of Medicine is pleased to announce the availability of Scholarship opportunities under the First Mile Program for trainees enrolled at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) in the programs outlined below.
The Master of Medicine (MMed) Fellowship Program, a joint partnership between the Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) and Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), is a postgraduate fellowship initiative to support the training of MMed candidates at MUST in Mbarara, Uganda with the overall goal of expanding human resource capacity, and ultimately to improve access to high-quality health services in rural Uganda. Current funding is from the Wyss Medical Foundation under this second round of First Mile Program support (FM2) granted to MGH.
The Scholarships will be based on merit and targets talented Ugandan trainees at MUST.
Scholarship Application Instructions
All applications must include
- Certified copies of bachelor’s degree transcript
- A copy of the Admission Letter from MUST
- Resume (1 page)
- Letter of Interest/Motivational Letter (1 Page)
- Two letters of support from your former academic institution e.g. lecturers and or employer
To be eligible for the First Mile Scholarship one must be:
- A Ugandan
- An academically outstanding student
- Currently enrolled in MMED Program at MUST
- Students not on other scholarships or financial support from employers, organizations, and the Ministry of Health.
The application deadline is 28th February 2023, 5:00 pm EAT. Complete applications are to be addressed and hand-delivered to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology. Late submissions will not be accepted.