Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems at Makerere University
The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems and Technology (PGDipIST) is an advanced qualification in Information Systems for specialist IT graduates. Students will be encouraged to challenge and continuously improve their existing IS and Technology Management practices.
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems At Makerere University Entry Requirements
- i) An Applicant should have at least a first degree (or its equivalent) from a recognized and chartered university/institution at the time of completion.
- ii) A Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiary Passes obtained at the same sitting.
- iii) A Ugandan Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent with at least five passes.
- iv) Other specific requirements vary from programme to programme.
A Candidate must be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or computer Science or any other degree with evidence of having taken acceptable courses in either Information Technology or Computer Science.
How To Apply For Online Admission
Online Application Instructions
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal
Access The online application link by clicking here: https://ugandafact.com/ Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
Step 2: Signup
– Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the page. If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email address.
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
– Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
Check Makerere University Application Deadline
– After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can remember. Password should have at least a length of six Characters
– The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes. Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application forms Read more
Programme Duration: 1 Years
Job Prospects After Studying Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems
What can I do with Postgraduate Diploma in Information Systems degree?
Cyber security analyst
Information systems manager
IT technical support officer
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
Border Force officer
Forensic computer analyst
IT sales professional
Web content manager