Qualifications For Master’s Degree In Tanzania
At least a bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning. Candidates with equivalent qualifications must also possess at least Secondary School Certificates with credit passes.
Duration: 12 months.
- The entry qualification for a master’s programme by coursework and dissertation requires a person to have at least a Lower Second Class degree (GPA of 2.7) or its equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning. Only candidates with GPA of 3.5 or above in their first degrees are considered for Masters by thesis.
- Applicants who hold unclassified degrees (e.g. B.V. Sc. M.D. etc.) should have at least a B grade average in the subject of the intended Masters. Candidates with Pass degrees will also be considered if:-
- Their undergraduate performance in the proposed subject of study was a ‘B’ grade or higher.
- They have satisfied the relevant School/College/Institute that they have exhibited potential through subsequent research experience and/or additional training.
- An Advanced Diploma from a recognized higher learning institution with a minimum of an upper second class, as well as Postgraduate Diploma and Secondary School Certificates.
- A recognized professional qualification (CPA, CSP, ACCA, CA, CIB, MCIM, CMA certificate)and Secondary School Certificates.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree
The University of Dar es Salaam offers a Doctor of Philosophy degree programme either by Thesis or by Coursework and Dissertation. Minimum Entry Qualifications into a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme requires an applicant to possess at least Lower Second Class degree of the University of Dar es Salaam or any other Universityrecognised by TCU.