Uganda Management Institute Admission Requirements For All Courses Offered
MASTERS’ BY RESEARCHThe MMS is Research based, building on the coursework at the Postgraduate Diploma level obtained at UMI. Applicants must have passed the Postgraduate Diploma with at least a Second class.
TAUGHT AND CONTINUED RESEARCH BASED MASTERS PROGRAMMES (WEEKEND)ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIRECT MASTERS: Applicants shall be Holders of a Bachelor’s degree from an Institution of higher learning recognized by NCHE OR a Professional Chartered qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, and working experience of at least one year.
MASTERS’ WITH PRE-ENTRY EXAMINATION
An honours Bachelor’s Degree from an Institution of higher learning recognized by NCHE or a Professional qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized professional body
Working experience of one year
Mandatory passing of a GMAT.
Shortlisted applicants will receive invitation letters for the GMAT via their email addresses.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA COURSES
A good degree from a recognised University, OR a Professional Chartered qualification equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, and working experience of at least one year.
Participants who complete the Postgraduate Diploma courses with at least a second class can proceed to do research for the Master’s Degree. In effect the Postgraduate Diploma constitutes the first year of the Master’s Degree programme.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR DIPLOMAS:
Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least One Principal Pass and Two Subsidiaries AND Uganda Certificate of Education
(UCE) with at least 5 Passes or a two-year certificate course from a recognised Institute.
ONLINE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
- Things you need
- An email address and contact number
- You academic Documents to pick Key detail like award institution, index number for ” O” and “A” level, year of award or sitting
- An Internet Connection
- How to Do it
Step 1: Accessing the Application Portal Link
Access The online application link : https://admissions.umi.ac.ug/ . Ensure that the page is secure before you continue.
NOTE: There might be other websites masquerading as the application portal. Only access the link advertised by the university
Step 2: Signup
- Signup by clicking the orange signup button at the bottom of the If you cannot see the button, your browser could be having a zoom in setting. Zoom out holding down the “CTRL” button and pressing “+” button on PC and “CMD” and “+” on Mac
- A password (six-digit number) will be sent to Your mobile number and your email
NOTE: Sometimes depending your Mobile Telecom service provider, the message may delay or not be delivered. In this case, don’t panic, simply check your email. The same information is sent to your email as well.
- Login using this password and your email address or your mobile number by selecting the “login with Tel No” option
- After Logging in, you will be prompted to change the password to the one you can Password should have at least a length of six Characters
- The system will take you back to the login prompt to now login with your new password
Step 3 Filling a Form
After Logging in, click on the “APPLY NOW” Button to view the advertised Schemes ,Read the instructions carefully of each of the scheme you want to apply for.
Fill in the application form accordingly. To submit there is minimum information that must be captured. If you don’t have this information ready, simply save the form and return later to complete it when you have all the information required to submit the application form.
Once the form is completely filled and submitted the following actions can be done
NOTE: Remember to Logout after you have finished applying