Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Application Procedure
Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment Portal – Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs have released the Uganda Peoples Defence Forces Recruitment Date for the year.
In 2004 the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs (MoDVA) undertook a comprehensive program to transform the Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) into a modern, professional, and accountable force subordinate to the civilian authority. This undertaking has enabled the UPDF to acquire requisite skills and capabilities to defend and protect the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Uganda.
Peace and Stability remain a fundamental prerequisite for socio-economic transformation for any country. It is therefore envisaged in the Uganda Vision 2040, that Uganda can only harness her abundant opportunities and achieve its aspirations when there is absolute tranquillity.
This imperative has therefore become a cornerstone in all UPDF missions and drives the institution to keep an all-time force that is modern and professional replenished through a continuous recruitment of able-bodied willing Ugandans. Articles 51 and 52 of the UPDF Act, 2005 give UPDF authority to recruit Ugandans who meet the standards prescribed in all districts without discrimination.
Therefore, this years’ recruitment exercise aims at attracting very composed and patriotic Ugandans ready to serve in regular, professional and specialized units. It is an opportunity for UPDF to fill gaps created by retirements and also tap skills of personnel with competencies in science subjects required in a modern army. For one to be recruited he/she must meet the following criteria:
The recruitment criteria, centres and dates are as indicated below:
A. RECRUITMENT CRITERIA
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
1. Citizenship: MUST be a Ugandan citizen and must be in possession of an Original National Identity Card.
2. Medical: MUST be healthy and medically fit; ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
3. Age: Regular Recruits must be male and female adults between the age of 18-25 years and professionals between 18 and 30 years.
4. Marital status: MUST be single with no children.
5. Education standard. Regular Recruits must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or S.6 in science subjects. Original certificates of 2016, 2017 and 2018 with a school IDs are a must.
6. Professionals: Degree/Diploma holders in medicine, chemistry, Engineering, teachers and vocational skills.
7. Conduct: Candidates must be of good conduct with no criminal record. Letters of recommendations from LC I, LC III, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
8. Moral Standards: Presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
*Requirements for UPDF-Air force Candidates
a. S.6 biased in Science subjects such as physics, math and, Geography.
b. Degree and Diploma holders in Aviation related fields such as:
1. Pilots with Private Pilot Licence (PPL), Commercial Pilot License (CPL) or Pilot Instructors.
2. Aircraft maintenance Engineers category A&C ( Engine and Airframe), category X ( Electrical and Avionics, Radio and Instruments).
3. Air Traffic Controllers.
4. Radar Engineers and Radar Operators.
5. Flight Operators.
B. RECRUITMENT CENTRES AND DATES: Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment Portal
|LYANTONDE DIST||LYANTONDE||27 DEC|
|MASAKA DIST HQs||MASAKA||28 DEC|
|MPIGI DIST HQs||MPIGI||29 DEC|
|MITYANA DIST HQs||MITYANA||31 DEC 19|
|KIBOGA DIST HQs||KYANKWANZI||02 JAN|
|LUWERO DIST HQs||LUWERO||04 JAN|
|HOIMA DIST HQs||HOIMA with||27 DEC|
|FORT PORTAL DIST||KABAROLE||29 DEC|
|BUNDIBUGYO –||BUNDUBUGYO||30 DEC|
|KASESE DIST HQs||KASESE||31 DEC|
|BUSHENYI DIST||BUSHENYI||02 JAN|
|MBARARA DIST||MBARARA with||03 JAN|
|KABALE DIST HQs||KABALE||04 JAN|
|RUKUNGIRI DIST||RUKUNGIRI||05 JAN|
|ARUA – DIST HQs||ARUA with MADI-||27 DEC|
|NEBBI – DIST HQS||NEBBI with||28 DEC|
|GULU – DIST HQs||GULU||29 DEC|
|KITGUM – DIST HQS||KITGUM||30 DEC|
|PADER – DIST HQs||PADER||31 DEC|
|LIRA – DIST HQS||LIRA||02 JAN|
|APAC – DIST HQS||APAC with||03 JAN|
|MASINDI – DIST||MASINDI||05 JAN|
|KOTIDO DIST HQs||KOTIDO||27 DEC|
|MOROTO DIST HQs||MOROTO with|
RECRUITMENT CENTRES AND DATES: Uganda Peoples Defence Forces UPDF Recruitment Portal
|KAPCHORWA DIST||KAPCHORWA||30 DEC|
|MBALE – DIST HQS||MBALE||31 DEC|
|SOROTI DIST HQs||SOROTI||02 JAN|
|BUDAKA DIST HQs||PALISA||03 JAN|
|TORORO DIST HQs||TORORO||04 JAN|
|IGANGA DIST HQs||IGANGA with||05 JAN|
|KOLOLO CENTRE||KAMPALA||27 DEC|
|WAKISO DIST HQs||WAKISO||28|
|KAMULI DIST HQs||KAMULI||30 DEC|
|JINJA DIST HQs||JINJA||31 DEC|
|MUKONO DIST HQs||MUKONO||02 JAN|
(Details shall be posted in newspaper adverts and radio announcements).
The UPDF leadership has set up teams to ensure that the exercise achieves its objectives within the time given. Districts are encouraged to meet their quotas allocated as per the results of the population census which will be communicated by the team leaders.
Finally, let it be clear that recruitment into the UPDF is not an off-the hook job opportunity, but rather a patriotic calling to serve our country Uganda in a field that requires great sacrifice and determination from the very first day of recruitment to the last day of one’s service.
For God and My Country.
Richard Karemire psc, fwc