University of Bagamoyo Undergraduate Entry Requirements
The University of Bagamoyo has a wide range of undergraduate programmes from its three main colleges. A student may be deemed eligible to join an undergraduate program if he/she meets the following qualifications.
Direct Entry Qualification
Direct entry students are Form Six leavers, and a student may be admitted into UB undergraduate program under direct entry mode once they to the following requirements:
- Must apply through the Tanzania Commission of Universities (TCU)
- Have Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or equivalent with passes in five approved subjects, obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) or equivalent; and
- Have at least two Principal level passes and one subsidiary passes in approved subjects in the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE); provided that the student gets not less than a total of 2.0 points where A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, S=0.5.
Equivalent Entry Qualification
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or equivalent with passes in five approved subjects, obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (ACSEE) or equivalent; and
- A relevant diploma from a recognized institution with average grade points not less than B OR 4
- Any undergraduate degree certificate from an accredited university by TCU may qualify to join another UB undergraduate program.
Entry requirements of foreign applicants will be equivalent to the entry requirements of Tanzania. UB aptitude tests will be used to peg foreign applicants’ qualifications to Tanzania standards.
Mature Entry Qualification
To qualify for mature age entry candidates must:
- Be 25 years of age or older; and
- Have completed form IV (or equivalent) at least five years prior to the year in which application is sought; and
- be able to show that they have attended extra-mural classes or residential courses, in which case recommendation from the principal of the college attended will be necessary; and pass TCU approved College Mature Age Entry Examination.
Special Matriculation Requirements
Candidates who have fulfilled all the conditions for direct entrants but whose two principal levels and the subsidiary is less than 5.0 points on the ACSEE and all candidates with other equivalent and mature qualifications may be required to sit and pass Special UB Matriculation Examination before admission.