Virika school of Nursing and Midwifery
- ABOUT US
Virika School of Nursing and Midwifery (VSN) is a nationally accredited Nursing-Training Institution, which was established in 1964 by Medical Mission Sisters invited by the Rt. Bishop McCauley who was then the Bishop of Fort Portal Diocese.
- The Training School is a private not-for-profit (PNFP) belonging to the network of Roman Catholic Health Training Institutions under Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau (UCMB).
- The training school was semi autonomously controlled by Virika Hospital administration up to December 2017. From January 2018 the institution gained its autonomy.
- The student body is comprised of both female and male nursing students, ranging from ages 18 and above. We are a full-service boarding school, training is both classroom theory and practical/skills training in hospital and clinic settings.
Virika School of Nursing and Midwifery is located in Western Uganda, Kabarole District in Fort Portal Tourism City, about 290 kilometers west of Kampala. The Institution is situated approximately 3 kms along Fort Portal, Kasese road at Virika Hill, opposite the Cathedral in Kijanju Parish.
To be a leading center of excellence in training health workers in Uganda and beyond
Charity, Self-Motivation, Professionalism, Respect, Ready to Serve, Dedication
To train and produce competent, skilled, God fearing and disciplined health workers who can provide quality health care efficiently and effectively
With Gladness We Serve
Virika school of Nursing and Midwifery Courses Offered
Virika school of Nursing and Midwifery Admission Requirement
Virika school of Nursing and Midwifery Fees Structure
- Address : Virika School of Nursing and Midwifery
P.O BOX 233 – Fortpotal, Kabarole
- Phone :+256772686875
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org