Stellenbosch University (US) Prospectus
Stellenbosch University Prospectus includes admission requirements, courses or faculties available, Application Form, Closing Dates, and fees.
Important Stellenbosch University Application Information
To study at Stellenbosch University you are required to:
- South African school system: Have obtained a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with admission to Bachelor’s degree studies, which means that you must obtain a mark of at least 50% in each of four school subjects.
- International school system: Final school results from the International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow. Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Have written the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs). Please note that when you apply for a programme in the faculty of Law and of Medicine and Health Sciences, the NBT’s need to be written before 30 June if you want to be considered for selection.
- Also meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
1 March: Applications open for all programmes
1 April: Applications open for financial assistance at Stellenbosch University
1 August: Applications open for NSFAS bursaries
30 June: Applications close for all undergraduate programmes.
30 June: Residence applications close.
31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
30 November: Applications close for NSFAS bursaries.
15 December: Applications close for Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education).
1. Certified copies of the original qualification documents, as specified in the table below, must be provided. Please take note of the following regarding your documents:
1.1 Copies of your original academic documents, which must be stamped and signed by the awarding school or institution, notary public, or a Commissioner of Oaths (e.g. attorney or diplomatic official) must be provided. If you go to the police station or the Post Office, a Commissioner of Oaths must certify your documents. No police or post office stamps will be accepted.
1.2 No online results obtained from self-serving portals or password protected documents will be accepted.
1.3 Electronic copies provided should be clear and legible (not blurred, cropped or obscured). Only pdf and jpeg format will be accepted.
2. Stellenbosch University reserves the right to request original and additional supporting documentation should this be deemed necessary at any point.
3. Your signed contract, your application documents (e.g. your grade 11 results) as well as proof of payment (if applicable) should be uploaded online at your Application Status before the closing date. If you apply with a hard copy application, you should include all the required documents with your application.
4. If we do not receive all your documents by the closing date, your application will unfortunately not be considered.
5. It remains your responsibility to make sure that the University receives these documents in time. You can monitor your Application Status to ensure that your application is complete. Use your username (student number) and official SUN-password to sign in.