Tshwane University of Technology (TUT) Prospectus
Tshwane University of Technology TUT Prospectus includes the following ;
• Faculty of Economics and Finance
• Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
• Faculty of Humanities
• Faculty of Information and Communication Technology
• Faculty of Management Sciences
• Faculty of Science, incorporating Natural Sciences, Health Sciences and Agriculture
• Faculty of the Arts
TUT Important Application Information
PROGRAMME INFORMATION PLEASE NOTE
1. Life Orientation and an achievement level of 1 in a subject are not considered in the calculation of the Admission Point Score (APS).
2. Prospective students will not be admitted to any programme without prior evaluation.
Minimum admission requirements TUT’s admission requirements for entry-level programmes adhere to national legislation and therefore the following are required:
• BEd degrees: at least four subjects at performance level 4.
• National Diplomas: at least four subjects at performance level 3. Please verify specific and additional requirements per programme as indicated in the brochure. Alternatively, prospectus can be downloaded from the link: https://www.tut.ac.za/study-at-tut/i-want-to-study/what-to-study/prospectus
ADMISSION POINT SCORE (APS)
Check online if you meet the requirements for consideration for admission into the programme(s) of your choice before you apply. To use this facility, please visit https://www.tut.ac.za/study-at-tut/i-want-to-study/aps.
ALTERNATIVE AND INTERNATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS ACCEPTANCE IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABLE CAPACITY ACCORDING TO THE STUDENT ENROLMENT PLAN (SEP)
Alternative and international qualifications (HIGSCE, IGCSE, NSSC A&O Level, IB Higher and Standard Level, etc) are dealt with in a specific manner:
• While there is a legal imperative to submit the certificate of equivalence (issued by SAQA or the CHE) it is recommended that the application process be initiated while the application for certificate is in process.
• The Tshwane University of Technology cannot obtain this certificate on your behalf.
How to apply for admission To apply for admission, please visit www.tut.ac.za. A valid e-mail address is required before an electronic application can be submitted. An e-mail address can be obtained from any one of the free e-mail providers, such as www.hotmail.com or www.yahoo.com or www.gmail.com. A non-refundable fee of R240 for application can be deposited beforehand at:
ABSA BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 04 000 000 3
• In the Reference column, please fill in your identity number. NB. Do not use this account number for any further payments. Reference number When the application has been processed, the applicant will be allocated a unique reference number (his/her student number) for identification purposes.
• To check your status, please visit www.tut.ac.za,
• Click on MENU,
• Click on STUDY AT TUT,
• Click on I WANT TO STUDY,
• Click on Check your admission status,
• Enter your id number,
• Click on submit. A new screen will open with your reference number. Your status will be displayed and you can view and print a copy of the letter available.