Call For Applications: Carnegie-Funded Early-Career Academics Programme
The Directorate of Research and Graduate Training invites applications from eligible Makerere University staff.
The aims of the fellowship program are: first, to identify and support future research leaders across all disciplines, and second, to create a pool of new doctoral supervisors.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. At least 50 percent of the fellowships will be awarded to female applicants.
- Full-time employees of Makerere University on permanent or contractual terms
- PhD holder in any discipline
- Rank of Assistant Lecturer or Lecturer within 10 years of receiving PhD degree.
- Minimum of two peer-reviewed and recognised scholarly publications already published or accepted for publication.
- Applicants should not hold another on-going fellowship or major research grant (as PI) at the same time.
Please see Downloads for details
- Detailed information about the application and the application form for the fellowship can be obtained from the DRGT website https://rgt.mak.ac.ug/
- The application form should be submitted in Microsoft Word in Arial font, size 11, single-spaced. Applicants should save their file using the following format: lastname_firstname_SECA.doc
- Applicants must ensure that scanned copies of any attached documents are legible
- Referees should email the reference letter directly to the Director DRGT at director[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug with a copy to: conference[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug
- Electronic submission of application for fellowship with supporting documents should be sent to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University; Email: director[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug Copy to: conference[at]rgt.mak.ac.ug
- Hard copies should be addressed to the Director, Directorate of Research and Graduate Training, Makerere University P.O. BOX 7062 Kampala, Senate Building Level 4, Room 410.
Incomplete applications and all applications that do not meet eligibility and formatting requirements (including page limits) will not be considered. For your application to be considered, it must reach the Director, DRGT by 5:00pm on 31st January.
For further information, contact:
Directorate of Research and Graduate Training,
Senate Building, Room 410