Job title: Finance Assistant
Reporting to: Project Manager – Project Support
Overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Assistant – Provide financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Finance and accounting;
- Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook
- Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request
- Prepare monthly cash counts
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Cash Box counting according to the financial handbook
- Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports
- Follows a given work plan
- Routine record keeping
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
- Assist with collecting, reviewing, correcting and filing all financial progress reports from the partners
- Support financial report preparations
- Submit progress and status reports”
- Adhere to DRC Code of Conduct and DRC specific procurement procedures within the Supply Chain department
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in administrative tasks, including filing systems.
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Good communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
- Diploma or equivalent professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Financing, Commerce.
- CPA, ACCA certification is considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills in English is required
- Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 27th February 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development