Last week, the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) launched a new way for interested parties to confirm candidate registration status following the closure of the examination registration exercise for the year 2023. Teachers, parents, guardians, and students can now check registration status using the Telephone Short Message Service (SMS) on top of the pre-existing online method.
The service applies to all candidates of Primary Leaving Examination (PLE), Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE), and Uganda Advanced Certificate of Educations (UACE).
The only requirement desired for confirming the UNEB Candidate Registration Status is the candidate’s full registration number. Depending on the confirming method that you intend to use, you might be required to pay UGX 500 to the telecom service provider to successfully receive details about the candidate’s registration status. The SMS option is similar to the procedure of checking UNEB results.
Confirm UNEB Candidate Registration Status via SMS
1. Open the Message app on your device and tap compose.
2. Type Reg, leave space, and type full Registration number for example your message components should look like this Reg U0888/001.
3. Enter the recipient as 6600 and hit the Send button.
Confirm UNEB Candidate Registration Status via web portal
1. Launch your preferred browser and go to UNEB e-reg status portal.
2. Key in the Student’s full registration number and click Search.
3. In a few microseconds, the student’s registration picture, details, and registration status will be displayed.
Quick Note: This service is free and you only need an internet-enabled device and an active internet connection.
Upon checking the registration status, Candidates and Parents should confirm the registration status, correctness of names, order of names, and the papers registered for in case of UCE or UACE candidates. In event that there are anomalies that need to be corrected, parents should inform the school authorities immediately, who will, in turn, inform UNEB to make the required adjustments.
Now that you have checked your registration status, you will need to do intense revision.