We are so grateful by your visit to our website today. FINS provides exciting career opportunities in Enrolled Nursing and Midwifery . Our extensive curriculum provides students with the most exposure and practice possible in their field of specialty.
- LONG PROGRAMS
- Enrolled Nurses: This enrolls students who have completed their ‘O’ Level and have passed sciences i.e physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Maths. It is a 21/2 years course which leads to the award of a certificate in midwifery of Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Diploma in Nursing(in-service); This course enrolls students who have a certificate in nursing, midwifery, or enrolled comprehensive nursing. Its main aim is to help practicing enrolled nurses improve on their skills without resigning their jobs. Lectures are normally done on weekends and the other information is accessed through e-learning mode.
- Diploma in Midwifery (in-service):. This program takes the same training mode like Diploma in Nursing as explained above. Both programs only allow practicing nurses who hold a certificate in nursing, midwifery or enrolled comprehensive nursing. It intends to help practicing nurses upgrade their skills, without affecting their work places.
- SHORT PROGRAMS
We also have two short programs
- Six months course in midwifery for enrolled comprehensive nurses. It was realized that enrolled comprehensive nurses did not get enough training in midwifery, and as such FINS was requested by ministry of health with the support from intra-health capacity program to train all enrolled comprehensive nurses in midwifery. This course has both face to face and skills practice under the supervision of our skilled midwifery tutors.
- Certificate in accredited Drug selling for drug shop owners, and nursing assistants working in drug shops. Upon realizing that many nursing assistants were selling drugs and many times making wrong prescription to patients due to lack of enough skills. Ministry of health with the support from MSH-UGANDA requested that we train the above mentioned people in pharmacy.(ADS). This program is done in partnership with Makerere University School of pharmacy. The course takes five weeks. It involves both theoretical and practical sessions. Each participant pays six hundred thousand Uganda Shillings.
We have Diploma Courses and Certificate Courses, and we admit two times a year. In March we hold interviews for practicing nurses who wish to upgrade. In June and July, we admit
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENROLLMENT FOR THE DIFFERENT PROGRAMS
To enroll for course of enrolled nursing or midwifery you must possess the following requirements:
- You must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Mathematic at O’Level.
- You must not have spent more than three years out of school. If you have you must have been working as a medical worker in a heath institution. Eg as a nursing assistant, or nurse at enrolled level.
- You must sit for oral and written interviews from the school.
- You should also pay interview and application fee to the school accounts.
To enroll for the Diploma weekend courses you must poses the following
- You must have done and passed either enrolled nursing or enrolled midwifery.
- You must be working in a hospital or health center three.
- You must also be below the age of 45 years.
- No interviews are done
To enroll for the In-service training for ECN in midwifery you must poses the following.
- You must have done and passed enrolled comprehensive nursing, or registered comprehensive nursing .
- No interviews are done.
FORT PORTAL INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF NURSING APPLICATION FORM