Step inside GEMS Cambridge International School – Kampala. At our tranquil campus in Luzira, pupils aged 3-18 learn, grow and flourish. As one of the top international schools in Uganda, we’re all about helping your child reach their full potential.
GEMS International School Kampala Academics
Admission at GEMS International School Kampala
When considering your child for a place at our international primary and secondary school in Kampala, we will interview both you and your young learner. As part of the admissions process, there is an age related placement test for your child to sit to assess their progress and ensure we can fit them into the appropriate education level.
Throughout the admissions process, we do all we can to remove any pressure that might otherwise be felt. Looking at previous school reports is a great way to learn a little bit more about your child without the stress associated with further testing.
- STEP 1
Once you have completed the online enrolment form, you will then be sent your unique enquiry number. You will need this enquiry number for all future correspondence so please either print a copy of the receipt or write it down and keep it safe. You will then receive an email detailing the next step in the admissions process.
- STEP 2
The next step is to pay a one-off registration fee, details of which will be provided in the email.
This fee is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-deductible, and covers the cost of administering your application.
To proceed with the application you must pay the registration fee and submit the following documents
- Two copies of your child’s passport or a government issued document
- Two copies of both parents’ / legal guardians’ passports containing your residency visa (if applicable)
- Five recent passport photos of your child (on photographic paper and against a white background please)
- Copies of your child’s last two school reports (in English) for those entering Year 1 and above
- A leaving certificate from your child’s previous school
- Full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans or reports from educational psychologists or therapists (it is essential their entire educational is submitted before a place can be offered)
- Two copies of your child’s birth certificate (in English)
- Full details of all vaccinations and immunisations your child has received
- A completed medical form and a copy of your child’s medical history
- STEP 3
Once steps 1-3 have been completed, you will then be contacted by the school registrar to arrange a convenient time to meet a member of our senior leadership team.
Note: A completed application submission does not guarantee your child a place at our school.
How to Apply GEMS International School Kampala
Please note an online registration does not automatically guarantee placement
Contact GEMS CIK for more details
Plot 102/104 Butabika Road, Luzira
Kampala , Uganda
Phone: +256 755 177 982