Law Development Centre, LDC Admission Requirements
To be eligible for admission to the Bar Course, the applicant should be:
- A holder of a degree in law granted by a University in Uganda whose law programme has been accredited by the Law Council.
- This applies to Ugandan and non-Ugandan citizens.
- The degree must have been obtained from a university or institution of higher education duly licensed or chartered under the laws of Uganda and accredited by the Law Council.
- A citizen of Uganda who is a holder of a degree in law obtained from a University or institution in a foreign country operating the common law system and recognized by the Law Council of Uganda. The applicant must obtain prior clearance in writing from the Law Council.
- A former Bar Course student intending to repeat the entire Bar Course or subject(s) as provided for by the applicable Rules for Passing the Bar Course.
- Applicants for admission to the Diploma in Law and Administrative Officers’ Law courses should have a minimum of UCE with 5 passes obtained at the same sitting plus UACE with at least a principal pass and two subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting.
- Applicants for Certificate Courses should have a minimum of O’ level (UCE) with (3) credits obtained at the same sitting plus UACE certificate
LDC Online Application Forms
This article contains information on the Law Development Centre, LDC online and hard copy application forms for 2021/2022 admission as well as steps on how to Apply. It also contains the Law Development Centre, LDC Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
LDC Online Application Procedure
- Application can also be made online by visiting the Law Development Centre Online Application portal through the link as stated below in order to track the application anywhere and anytime.
- Simply upload all of the necessary documentation so that it can be processed by our administrative department.
- Your application will be completed once all of the necessary fees have been paid.
LDC Manual Application Procedure
- The application form can be accessed on the website for downloading
- Application fee is indicated on the application form on the University admission portal.
- The University Bank account information is also indicated in the application form.
- No application is valid unless the appropriate application fee has been paid. Application forms can be accessed through an online application or downloaded below.
- Further information is indicated on the application form
- The university will acknowledge receipt of your application
- Thank you for your application
- Applicants who were admitted during the Academic Year 2019/20 admissions process and who admission letters were issued for Academic Year 2020/21 need not reapply.
- Applicants who had submitted to the Academic Registrar applications for admission to Academic Year 2020/21 before the issuance of this advertisement need not reapply.
- The National Council for Higher Education (NHCE) has approved the LDC Bar Course for open, distance and e-learning. The Bar Course may be conducted online or with a blend of both online and physical learning in accordance with the guidelines issued by the NCHE and the Rules for Passing the Bar Course.
ONLY APPLICANTS WILLING AND ABLE TO UNDERTAKE ONLINE DISTANCE LEARNING SHOULD APPLY FOR ADMISSION.
- An applicant admitted to the Bar Course may be posted to any LDC campus.
Law Development Centre, LDC offers courses at the Postgraduate degree levels. Prospective students should apply by filling the application forms before the deadline date as it is communicated by the Admissions office. Late applications are only accepted if the program space allows. These should be received not later than two weeks after the start of the appropriate semester; OR not later than a week after the beginning of a session.
Once you submit your form, you must pay the application fee for your form to be processed. Otherwise, it will not be processed.
Law Development Centre, LDC Application Fees
- Application – Post Graduate Bar Course – 200,000/=
- Application – Diploma Courses- 100,000/=
- Application – Certificate and Short Courses- 50,000/=
Law Development Centre, LDC Online Application Forms
To access the application forms, kindly apply online through the LDC admission Portal or you need to download the application form below and follow the instructions as indicated therein.
Law Development Centre Fees Structure