In the Department of Pharmacy, the SURE Project which involves training of trainers in Paramedical Schools on supply chain management, essential drug concept and rational medicine use is ongoing. The training materials have already been developed.
The project is sponsored by USAID and the implementing partners include Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics and Infectious Disease Institute.
Courses Offered At Makerere University Department of Pharmacy
Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree,
MSc. Pharmaceuticals and Health Supplies Management and PhD.
The department has two Masters programs in the pipeline namely; MSc. Clinical Pharmacy and MSc. Medicines Regulation. The current head of department is Dr. Kamba Fadhiru Pakoyo (PhD), a seasoned researcher in the areas of pharmaceuticals management, pharmaceutical regulations and molecular biology.
Academic Programs: Master Of Science In Pharmacognosy
- Studying under the scheme does not lead to any award
- Candidates who apply for admission under the scheme should not already be Makerere University students.
- Registered Occassional students shall not transfer to degree programmes or change status of registration on the basis of their performance while on the scheme
- The Occassional Studentship Scheme applies to both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes
Applicants under the scheme MUST be:
- Students of other recognised Universities and
- Possess the Makerere University minimum admission requirement