Makerere University Private Sponsorship Admission List For 2023/2024
Applications for admission to Undergraduate Programmes
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications from Uganda, East African, S. Sudan and international applicants for the undergraduate programmes under the private sponsorship scheme.
Each applicant should:
- have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least five passes, or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level (UACE) obtained at the same sitting. (For day programmes only candidates who sat A’ level are eligible to apply. For evening, afternoon, and external programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting A’level. (Detailed weighting system for programmes to be offered by Makerere University can be viewed on the undergraduate admissions office noticeboard or Makerere University website; www.mak.ac.ug.
- hold at least a Second Class/Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma or otherwise as specified in the Diploma Holders’ Requirements from a recognised chartered institution, relevant to the programme applied for. Certified copies of Academic Transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photography must be submitted to Office 315 Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online. (Details of the Diploma Holders’ admission requirements can be viewed on the notice board of the undergraduate Admissions Office or on Makerere University website: www.mak.ac.ug).
(c) be a graduate from a recognised chartered university. Certified copies of academic transcripts and certificates (not photocopies of Certified copies) from the awarding institutions and one passport size photography must be submitted to office 315, Level three (3) Senate Building after applying online.
NB: Note that each student shall be required to pay non-refundable functional fees in addition to
The tution fees as follows:
1. Makerere university (functional fees)(tuition fees per semester in UGX)
Ugandans, East Africans and S. Sudan internationals
(a) Semester one Shs.860,954/= Shs.1,516,253
(b) Semester two Shs.132,250/= Shs.132,250
- ) National Council For Higher Education fees (per year) shs.20,000/= (ALL STUDENTS)
Nb: Internship/field attachment fee of Shs.100,000/= per Semester is payable in Year I, Semester I and II for administrative costs.
2. Makerere university business school (functional fees)
- Semester one and two (paid once) shs.761,900/= usd.596
- National Council for Higher Education fees (per year) shs.20,000/=
3. Makerere university business school (up country study centres) – functional fees
(a) Semester I and II shs.761,900/= USD 596
- National Council For Higher Education Fees (per year) shs.20,000/=
How to apply
(i) (a) application is online for all applicants but diploma/degree holders and internationals will have to submit certified copies of their transcripts and certificates and a passport size photograph to Office 315, Level 3, Senate Building.
(b)Other relevant information can be obtained from undergraduate admissions office, Office 315, Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University
ii) Non-refundable Application Fee of Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans, East African and S. Sudan applicants or $75 or equivalent for Internationals, UGX.281,250= plus bank charge of ugx2,750/= should be paid from the following banks:
(a) ANY STANBIC BANK – MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT- 9030005866749
(b) ANY DFCU – MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT- 01083500181477
(c ) ANY CENTENARY – MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT-3740300001
(d) ANY POST BANK – MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT- 630037000063
(e ) ANY UBA BANK – MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT- 1006000018
(iii) Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 AND 9 OF ‘O’LEVEL results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission.
(iv) Diploma Holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma certificates or pass diplomas are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Makerere University Online Application Portal User Guide
1 Applicants should access the Institution’s Admissions URL https://admissions.mak.ac.ug
Signup using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid. If you changed your names please go to Senate Building Office 301 with an affidavit supporting the name change.
3 A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4 The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5 To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button displayed on the running scheme..
6 Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
7 Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(a) Stanbic Bank
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e ) UBA Bank
MOBILE MONEY PAYMENT STEPS:
1. Dail *272*6# on either Mtn or Airtel
2. Select option 3-Admission
3. Select option 3-Pay Fees
4. Enter reference number obtained from Application portal
5. Details of Application form will be confirmed
6. Enter PIN to confirm payment
7. Enter PIN to confirm payment
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLYING WILL BE TUESDAY 30th APRIL.
(i)Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
(ii) Do not buy any other documents not originating from the Academic Registrar’s Office. Those who buy them do so at their own risk.
(iii) The Academic Registrar has not appointed any agents to act on his behalf to solicit for additional funds other than the application fee stated above.
(iv)The University has made arrangements to assist applicants who may need help to be able to apply online at Senate Building and Senior Common Room (Main Building)
ALFRED MASIKYE NAMOAH
DOWNLOADS & ESSENTIAL ATTACHMENTS
|PDF icon Advert with Fees Structure||392.08 KB|