Makerere University Re-advert for 2023/2024 Postgraduate Admission
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites more applicants for admission to Graduate Programmes (Postgraduate Diplomas and Masters Programmes) for the 2023/ 2024 Academic Year.
Applicants should have obtained at least a first or second-class degree (or its equivalent) from a recognized and chartered university/institution at the time of completion. Applicants should also possess a Ugandan Certificate of Education with at least five passes (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least two principal passes and one subsidiary pass obtained at the same sitting (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences
- MSc. in Integrated Watershed Management
- MSc.in Forestry and Biodiversity Management
- MSc. in Agroforestry and Community Development
- Master of Geographical Sciences
- MSc.in Disaster Risk Management
- MSc. in Applied Meteorology
College of Education and External Studies
- PGD in Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum Studies
- Master of Education, Tracks: a) Educational Management, b) Foundations of Education, c) Educational Policy and Planning, d) Early Childhood Education and Development, e) Language and Literature Education, f) Social Science and Humanities Education, g) Science Education
- Master of Higher Education, Tracks: a) Leadership and Management, b) Teaching and Learning, c) Research and Innovation
- Master of Adult and Community Education
- Master of Instructional Design and Technology
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- PGD in Guidance and Counselling
- PGD in Gender and Local Economic Development
- Master of Arts in Gender Studies
- M.Ed. in Educational Psychology
- Master of Organizational Psychology
- M.A. in Counselling
College of Business and Management Sciences
- Master of Science in Quantitative Economics
- Master of Science in Population and Reproductive Health
- Master of Demography and Population Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Demography and Population Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Population and Reproductive Health
College of Health Sciences
- Master of Health Services Research
College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity
- PGD in Livestock Development Planning & Management
- Master of Veterinary Medicine. Tracks:
a) Farm Animal Practice and Herd Health
b) Comparative Pathology and Diagnostics
c) Companion and Recreational Animal Practice
d) Governance and Administration of Public
e) Pharmaceutical Practice and Regulation
- Master of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences and Management
- MSc.in Wildlife Health and Management. Tracks:
- Wildlife Clinical Medicine
- Wildlife Resource Management
- Aquatic Health Management
- MSc.in Livestock Development and Management. Tracks: a) Livestock Sector Planning and Management, b) Animal Product Processing, c)Entrepreneurship and Safety.
Makerere University Business School
- MSc. in Accounting and Finance
- MSc. in Marketing
- Master of Human Resource Management
- MSc. in Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- MSc. in Leadership and Governance
- MSc. in Entrepreneurship
- M.A. in Economic Policy Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MSc. in Banking & Investment Management
- Master of Energy Economics and Governance
How to submit an application for admission
- Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL https://apply.mak.ac.ug
- Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
- A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
- The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
- To fill a form (all form sections must be filled) the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button (for first ‘time’ applicants) or MY PORTAL button (for renewal of application) displayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. RE-ADVERTISED GRADUATE PROGRAMS.
- All academic transcripts/certificates and passport photos should be scanned and uploaded on the
- You can access the referees’ letter by following the following link:
https: //rgt. mak.ac. ug/sites/default/files/file-attachments/Referee-Letter-of-Recommendation-forAdmission-to-Graduate-Programme.pdf. These should be filled, scanned and uploaded.
- Obtain a payment ref no. by clicking on “Pay for Form” button
- Make payments at any of the banks used by URA; Application fee = UGX 50,000 (East African applicants) or UGX 151,500 (International Applicants)
International applicants can make payments for application via visa/pastique. Please follow the
detailed guidelines on the link below:
- Strictly observe the closing date of Friday, 11th August, 2023.
Prof. Buyinza Mukadasi