Faculty of Medicine First Mile Scholarship Opportunity, Call for Applications- Master of Nursing Science
The MUST Faculty of Medicine is pleased to announce the availability of Scholarship opportunities under the First Mile Program for trainees enrolled at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST) as outlined below.
The First Mile scholarship will offer tuition fees and research support for 10 Master of Nursing Science (MNS) students enrolled at the Faculty of Medicine, MUST.
The First Mile Scholarship is funded by Hansjoerg Wyss through Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston USA to MUST to “Power the Academic Medical Center to Deliver Healthcare in the Community in Uganda”.
The partnership aims to:
- Empower nursing leadership to develop and implement innovative models of care;
- Establish MUST as a premier academic medical center focused on community-based healthcare delivery, research and innovation for East Africa;
- Equip the Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital and affiliated community health facilities to better understand and meet the burden of disease; and
- Leverage technology innovation and co-creation to support patients, community health workers, and nurses.
The Scholarship will be based on merit and targets talented Ugandan trainees at MUST.
Scholarship Application Instructions
All applications must include
- Certified copies of Bachelor’s degree transcript
- A copy of the Admission Letter from MUST
- Resume (1 page)
- Letter of Interest/Motivational Letter (1 Page)
- Two letters of support from your former academic institution e.g. lecturers and employer
To be eligible for the First Mile Scholarship one must be:
- A Ugandan
- An academically outstanding student
- Currently enrolled in the MNS Program at MUST
- Students not on other scholarship or financial support from employers, organizations, and the Ministry of Health.
The application deadline is 11 March 2022, 5:00 pm. Complete applications are to be addressed and hand delivered to the Office of the Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
Late submissions will not be accepted