MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Territory Manager will promote/sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach and also demonstrate product and services to existing/potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited for their needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute business initiatives within assigned territory. Flawless field executions with Dealer teams
- Work with Manager Regional Sales/ Senior Manager, to develop and review sales plans for Dealer teams.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with the Dealer staff, SSOs, and Agents)
- Deliver and meet the Device Target for the territory.
- Responsible for product activations, availability and visibility in agreed channels (All market activations – acquisitions.
- Undertake and compile market intelligence/developments for the business (Weekly compilation of detailed intelligence)
- Full day accompaniments to build strong relations with trade channel operators (Agents, SSOs and coach DSD’s
- Tools of trade optimization – Placement of MPOS, Kiosks in the most productive sites
- Ensure that the Dealer meets set business input and output KPI’s daily.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the assigned territory/ market segments to generate new business for the organization’s products and services
- Ensure efficient supply management with oral and written reports of customer’s needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services
- Plan and organize personal sales strategies by maximizing the returns on investment for the territory/market segment
- Ensure that relationships with agents are realized in terms of increased sales.
- Develop strategies to achieve targets.
- To develop strong relationships with Mobile Money agents and dealers and initiate joint marketing campaigns.
- Identify new sales opportunities as well as new distribution channels.
- To manage expansion of MTN mobile money retail footprint to ensure product availability at arm’s length of service.
- Ensure MTN mobile money remains competitive in terms of depth, breadth, customer experience and branding.
- To control and management of MTN’s exclusivity.
- To supervise and lead a team of trade development representatives.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the MTN-Uganda Territory Manager job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any other related field.
- Two years’ experience in sales and distribution in a telecom company or service industry.
- Experience in team management & supervision of others is a must have.
- Must be a team player and self-motivated.
- High levels of computer literacy
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and action
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Possess a valid driver’s license with driving experience of more than two years.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Method of Application
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) to ugrecruitment.UG@mtn.com. Please use this format in the Subject Line i.e. Territory Manager – Surname First Name-current Dept.
Deadline: 21st February