Mzumbe University (MU) Application Forms
The Mzumbe University is a leading institution of higher education in Tanzania that provides students with access to world-class education and research opportunities. Whether you’re a prospective student, current student, or alumni, this guide will provide you with all the information you need about Mzumbe University.
Mzumbe University Undergraduate Application 2023-2024
To apply for Undergraduate programs, you will be required to Visit Mzumbe Online Application System available at admission.mzumbe.ac.tz
Thereafter you will click register and fill in all required details to have direct access to Mzumbe Online Application System (OAS). If you have ever applied at Mzumbe previously, at this step you will be required to enter your username and password in order to log in to our application system.
At this stage our beloved applicant, you will be required to fill in your personal information as it has been directed.
After filling in your personal details, in the next stage, you will be required to pay
·application fee in order to proceed with your application to the next step.
Therefore you will click a button of payment and then you will be given a control number which you will use it for paying a total of 10,000/= TZS as an application fee. (This figure is subject to change)
After payment is successfully done you will see a status of successful Payment of which you will be allowed to continue to the next step. Kindly note that payments are easily done through AIRTEL MONEY; TIGO PESA; M-PESA; CRDB BANK; NMB BANK.
At this stage (Academic Results), you will be required to attach your form four and form six results as indicated. For the equivalent applicant, you will attach your Form Four results. In the section attaching form Six results, you will fill in your Award Verification Number (AVN) in the space of the index number accreditated by NACTE in order to allow our system to fetch your respective Diploma results.
At this stage (Apply Programme), you will be required to apply for a program of your choice as directed depending on your choices.
- In case you are not much familiar with entry requirements for a program you wish to apply to, Mzumbe has put in place academic qualifications and requirements that give the potential applicant eligibility for the program applicant wish to apply. Eligibility for our Undergraduate programs is aligned with the Tanzania Commission for University (TCU) minimum entry requirements.
For more details about entry requirements please do not hesitate to consult our Prospectus available on the Mzumbe website (www.Mzumbe.ac.tz) or TCU admission guidelines at www.tcu.go.tz
This is the last stage of your application process ( Review and Submit ), at this step, you have been given a chance to review your filled information in each step: if there are any corrections you will be able to edit before submitting, if there will be no corrections you will submit your application package for further execution.
Mzumbe University Online Application 2023-2024
A. Before you start your Application
- Make sure you have a Valid Email Address and Phone Number ( They will be used for issuing feedback on your application status when the admission selection is complete)
- Access the link for Online Application and Admission Portal (http://admission.mzumbe.ac.tz/ provided through the ‘ Admission’ button on Mzumbe University Official Website)
- New Applicants – Go to the “Online Admission” tab then click on “New Applicant click to register”. You Must Register by Creating a User Account (You should Type a User name, A valid email address, and an easy-to-remember Password then Press a CREATE ACCOUNT Button). You will receive a message “Please check your email to complete the registration process.”
- Go to your email and activate the account you created by clicking on the link you received from the Application Portal which reads. “To activate this account, please click the following link”. You will receive a feedback message “Your Account is now activated”.
- Click on a Login Link here you will be redirected to the Admission Login Page “ Sign in to your Account” You will be required to enter/write ‘ your ‘ User Name’ and ‘ Password’ then click on ‘ SIGN IN’
- Select ‘Entry Mode’ and such as ‘Direct’ and ‘Equivalent’. Specify the Country you attended your A-Level /O-Level, then click “ SAVE AND CONTINUE”
C: APPLICATION COMPLETION STEP: This has Six simple steps.Step 1: Accept Terms and Conditions: After reading the terms and conditions click to Select ‘I agree to the terms and conditions’ then press “SAVE AND CONTINUE” to see the next window.
This will take you to step 2.
Step 2: Personal details: Fill in personal details Correctly such as Date of Birth, Sex, Marital status, City/Region, District, Sponsorships, Phone Number, and Postal Address. Then Click on ‘SAVE AND CONTINUE’.
This will move you to step Number 3.
Step 3: Make Payment: At this point, you will receive an auto-generated ‘Payment Control Number’ that will be used for payment of your application fee. This number will be used to make payment using any of the following channels:
1. Via Mobile Network Operators (MNO):
- Enter to the respective USSD Menu of MNO
- Select 4 (Make Payments)
- Select 5 (Government Payments)
- Enter the control number xxxxxxxxxxxxx as reference number
- Then amount
- Lastly PIN (Password)
2. VIA BANK:
Visit any branch or bank agent of NMB, CRDB or TPB. With Control Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
If you have paid using CRDB SimBanking App or Mpesa ‘Refresh your page’ or use the keyboard CTRL + R to display your payment confirmation details. If you log out and paid using the branch or at Fahari Huduma, log in again to see your payment confirmation details. Then Click on ‘CONFIRM PAYMENT AND CONTINUE’.
This will directly take you to step Number 4
Step 4: Confirm Previous Training: For direct undergraduate applicants write your ‘ Form Four Index Number’ and ‘Form Six Index Number’ correctly in the relevant boxes. Then press ’ >’ to move the numbers into the right box. Then Click on ‘SEARCH RESULTS ’. Both Form Four and Form Six results will be retrieved together with your names. Make sure you confirm if all retrieved data are correct.
Then Click on ‘CONFIRM AND CONTINUE’ to move to Step Number 5.
Step 5: Select Programmes: For Bachelor, Diploma, and Certificate Applicants you will choose three programs that you would like to be considered for admission. Click on the Programme then Push/Move Forward ‘>’ or back ‘<’. They are arranged according to your preferences. Then Click on ‘SAVE AND CONTINUE’. This will take you to Step Number 6.
Step 6: Check and submit: At this stage, you can review all information on your application before you click on the submit button.
You are allowed to Edit all the information except the Names, Results, and Application Fee Payment. If you are satisfied click ‘SUBMIT APPLICATION’.
You have completed the Application Process. You now receive a text message through the Phone number you provided that reads “Thank you for submitting your application to Mzumbe University.
You will be notified when the selection process is complete”
For Further Assistance:
1. Visit Mzumbe University Website ’ Admissions’ Burner where you will be updated on the status of your application.