Nelson Mandela University (NMU) Application Checklist
Before applying to Nelson Mandela University, please take note of the following:
- Your application for admission should be submitted before the August closing date. Late applications will however only be considered after this date, based on academic merit, until the September closing date.
- Places for some qualifications are limited and it is therefore in your best interest to submit your application early.
- Prospective students must meet the minimum statutory entry requirements based on the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or IEB or equivalent school-leaving certificate for admission to a higher certificate, diploma or degree qualification, in order to be considered.
- Submission of a completed application form does not mean that you have been accepted as a student, or that you may register.
- All prospective students are selected in accordance with the admissions policy of the university, and applicants will be notified of the outcome by the admissions office.
- Provisional admission is based on your Applicant Score (AS) obtained in your Grade 11 final, or Grade 12 June/September examinations. However, the final decision is based on your final Grade 12 exam results.
- In addition to the general university admission requirements, each programme also has its own specific requirements.
- Applicants with international or foreign qualifications must satisfy the requirements laid down by the Matriculation Board to qualify for a certificate of exemption for a particular international or foreign school leaving qualification.
- In the case of applications by candidates who have studied at other higher education institutions accredited by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA), the results obtained at such institutions will be considered, together with their academic record and certificate of conduct.