Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) is a Government Ministry through which the Prime Minister of Uganda provides leadership of the Ministers under the Executive arm of Government.
The Prime Minister is the Leader of Government Business in Parliament established by the Constitution of Uganda under 108 A. This specifies, in addition, that the Premier is responsible for coordination and implementation of Government Policies across Ministries, Departments and other Public Institutions.
This Ministry has a long term mission to instill and maintain efficient and effective systems in Government that enable Uganda to develop rapidly.
This Ministry commonly called OPM is made up of various directorates including:
- Strategic Coordination & Implementation;
- Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Directorate in charge of Disaster Preparedness, Management and Refugees;
- Directorate in Charge of Special Programs of Northern Uganda, Karomoja, Luwero – Rewnzori and Teso Sub regions Affairs; and
- Directorate for Administration and Finance.