Program Officer Nutrition – (2000018H)
Project Officer Nutrition
The Nutrition Project Officer will be responsible for implementation of the day to day activities of the nutrition component of a Nutrition and Livelihood project in assigned subcounties within Kasese district
The project aims to improve child and maternal nutrition in Kasese district through improvement of IYCF practices at household level and delivery of nutrition services in the target areas. Role involves working through existing structures to deliver information, education and services at various levels; good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members; requires attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition or Bachelor degree in Community Health
- Motorcycle Riding skills are a must.
- Minimum of two years work experience in Nutrition programming in Uganda (preferably with an International NGO);
- Sound written and oral presentation skills.
- Computer literacy skills are a must. Sound skills in use of Microsoft office especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in application of behaviour change programming and use of participatory tools and methodologies.
- Proven skills in community development (including community participation).
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance is an added advantage.
- Ability to speak the local language is of added advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A high level of initiative and creativity
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 27th February 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.