Uganda Police Force (UPF) Recruitment Application Forms
Uganda Police Force Recruitment: UPF Recruitment, www.upf.go.ug, The Uganda Police has opened its application portal for its recruitment exercise.
See requirement and how to apply for UPF recruitment
Uganda Police Recruitment Portal.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies in the Uganda Police Force below, See requirement and how apply for UPF recruitment below.
This is to kindly inform all applicants who expressed interest to join the UPF as Probationer Police Constables that the list of candidates for the next stage of the recruitment program is now out. All applicants are requested to crosscheck their names at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters, to confirm whether they are successful or otherwise.
Only shortlisted candidates are required to attend the second stage of the recruitment program, which shall include a fitness test, aptitude test, oral test and medical examination. The interviews will be conducted to all shortlisted applicants are further required to come with the following;
- Original National Identity Card or a letter confirming the National Identity Card Particulars from NIRA.
- Original Academic Documents
- Proven Medical Record with results for HEPATITIS B, HIV/AIDS and TB results.
All candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process and an eligibility list for the initial Probationer Police Constable training at PTS Kabalye, Masindi, released thereafter.
Once again we would like to remind all candidates that the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. Therefore, applicants are warned against giving bribes or make attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, unscrupulous people, intermediary agents or police. Any persons found to be giving false promises must be reported to the nearest police station, PSU, or anti-corruption agency for investigations.
We would like to thank all applicants for expressing interest to join the Uganda Police Force family.
Uganda Police Force Recruitment
We would like to inform the public that the 2nd batch of recruitment of 5000 police recruits has commenced today.Applications are, therefore, invited from interested candidates beginning 7th September till the 19th September, and should be submitted at the respective District/Divisional Police Headquarters.
The applications shall be transferred to Police Headquarters where a shortlist of successful candidates shall be processed and published for interviews at a date that will be released later.
This new batch of officers forms part of the recruitment of 10000 new police officers which was launched in August, as part of the police uplift program. It is our determination therefore, to continue with our planned programs despite the difficult Covid-19 climate. The 1st batch of new officers was successfully passed out, Covid-19 free
All interested applicants are advised to read and acquaint themselves with the minimum eligibility criteria before they apply. As a reminder they must;
- Possess a maximum academic qualification of UCE Certificate (O’level) or its equivalent with at least 4 credits including English and at least a pass in mathematics. Those who possess qualifications above UCE should NOT
- Be a Ugandan Citizen Valid National ID (NIN)
- Have no criminal record
- Be ready to undertake the requisite twelve months Police Basic Training Course.
- Be physically fit
- Ready to work long hours and at times under difficult conditions.
- Be ready to work in any part of the country.
- Possess good communication skills
- Must not be a former serving officers in any of the Forces
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR UGANDA POLICE FORCE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE
Candidates are advised to read the following instructions thoroughly before completing the Uganda Police online Recruitment Form. Any incomplete or wrongly completed Form will be rejected and will not be processed.
How to Apply for UPF Recruitment
- Hand written applications addressed to the IGP accompanied by
- Certified copies of Academic documents
- Photocopy of the National ID
- Photocopy of the ID of the previous schools attended.
- 3 recent Passport size photographs
- Recommendation letters from LCI, LCII, LCIII and RDC (from the respective districts of recruitment).
- All in the file folder which should be delivered to the Police District/Divisional Headquarters not later than 19/09.
- Only shortlisted Candidates shall be invited from interviews on dates to be communicated.
We would like to further reiterate that the police is on equal opportunities employer and the process of recruitment is by rule and merit. The effective recruitment into the force is subject to successful completion of the initial training.
Therefore, all applicants are warned against giving bribes or make attempts to influence the recruitment process through politicians, unscrupulous people, intermediary agents or policemen.
The public should know that being a police officer is more than a career, but a noble calling. Any persons found to be giving false promises must be reported to the nearest police station, PSU or other Anti-Corruption Agency for investigation.
How do I become a police officer in Uganda?
In general, you need to:
- The minimum age limit is 19 and the maximum limit must be 28.
- Be Ugandan citizens with a valid National ID (NIN).
- Must in be good health, including fitness and eyesight.
- Must have no criminal record.
- Should be ready to undertake the requisite Twelve (12) months Police Basic Training Course.
UPF Press Office
Counter Terrorism Unit
Professional Standards Unit
Toll Free Lines