We are an independent, Christian international school located in Muyenga, Kampala. Our goal is to provide an academically excellent and balanced education in an environment that reflects the love, joy and peace of Christ.
We have two campuses, the Junior School for Early Years to Grade 5 and Senior School for Grades 6-12. We celebrated the graduation of our first Grade 12 class in June 2019.
Admissions at Acacia
If you are a prospective parent coming to Kampala or just checking out schools in your neighborhood, a very warm welcome to you. This page has most of the information you will need for admissions, some frequently asked questions and the application forms.
Acacia is selective in its admissions and the Admission Committees decisions are based on the criteria listed below. Short listed students will be asked to take the admission test before a final decision is made. No preference is given for early applications and the school does not maintain a long term waiting list.
Criteria for admissions
Acacia aims to be an open and welcoming Christian international school, and views each child as a unique person made in God’s image. In our admissions and school operations we do not discriminate on the basis of national or ethnic origin, religion or faith background, gender, age, race, color or disability. Our teachers, however, are Christians.
All admissions decisions are made by an Admissions Committee. The criteria have been set by the school board and include the following priorities.
- We prioritize families that are likely to support learning from home and participate in the life of the school. Each family writes a ‘parent essay’ as part of admissions process.
- We prioritize students who are likely to benefit from and contribute to an academically rich and rigorous environment. The admission test and interview is weighed along with report cards from previous schools.
- We prioritize siblings to try to keep families together.
- We prioritize Affiliate Member missionary families who serve in full-time ministry. Read more about Affiliate Membership here.
Please note, the school almost always places students in with their age group. Read more about grade placement here.
- Visit. If you are living in Uganda you’ll probably want to visit first. Please set up an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply. Submit the application forms in person or by email (email@example.com). A complete application includes:
- The Application Form. Application Form (Google docs) or Application Form (pdf)
- The Student Health Form. Health Form (Google docs) or Health Form (pdf)
- The Parent Essay. Parent Essay (Google docs) or Parent Essay (pdf)
- A copy of the most recent report card
- A copy of the student’s passport or for Ugandan student’s birth certificate
- A passport photo
- The Admissions test. Short-listed applicants take an English and Math admissions test, this costs $50 and is payable before the assessment.
- English language learners in Six to Twelfth Grades are required to take the Duolingo English Test which combines an English proficiency test with a brief video interview. This an external online test and costs and additional $49.
- An Admissions decision. The Admissions Committee will consider completed applications and after making a decision they will communicate to parents within two weeks and usually sooner. For the normal August intake, admission decisions are made in April. Mid-year applications are considered when they are submitted.
- Confirmation. After receiving a letter of admission, parents need to pay the Admissions Fee within two weeks to reserved a space.
For the August intake completed application are due by the 31st of March. Short-listed students will take an admissions test during the first two weeks in April. The Admissions Committee will make a decision by the end of April.
For mid-year transfers, the Admissions Committee will usually meet and review completed applications within two weeks.
The school does not maintain a long-term waiting list or hold applications from one admissions period to the next. If your application is unsuccessful and you wish to apply for admission for the following school year, you are welcome to submit a new application in March the following year.
NOTE: These forms are in Google Docs and PDF formats. To edit a google doc click “Edit>Make a copy….” Kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems getting our website to work.
Application Form (Google docs) or Application Form (pdf)
Health Form (Google docs) or Health Form (pdf)
Parent Essay (Google docs) or Parent Essay (pdf)
Acacia Fee Structure
Fee range per year $5,000-$10,000.
Diplomatic Fees This applies to children whose tuition is paid by an embassy or foreign government including affiliated development organizations or UN Agencies (UNDP, UNHCR, UNICEF, etc).
Affiliate Member Fees Affiliate Members and approved Christian missionary organizations have a discounted fee structure. Contact the school for more information (email@example.com).
WAYS TO PAY
1. Bank Deposit. US$ only
Deposit slips must be brought to the finance office so a receipt can be issued and parents accounts updated.
Account name: Acacia Education Services Limited
Bank name: Stanbic
Bank Account #: 9030015341377
Branch: Forest Mall, Kampala
2. Check. US $ or UGX
Checks from Ugandan banks are welcome; please make them payable to Acacia Education Services.
3. Wire Transfer (Electronic Funds Transfer). US$ only
BANK NAME: STANBIC BANK LTD
BANK ADDRESS: 3A SPORTS LANE, FOREST MALL, PO BOX 7131, KAMPALA, UGANDA
SWIFT CODE: SBICUGKX
SORT CODE: 040147
ACCOUNT NAME : ACACIA EDUCATION SERVICES LTD
US $ ACCOUNT NUMBER :9030015341377
4. Cash is only accepted at the finance office for smaller payments eg. afterschools clubs, uniforms and lunches. All tuition payments should be made at Stanbic bank.
Contact Acacia for more details
- Email: Finance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) Admin Office (email@example.com)
- Phone: +256 (0) 752403961