Adrift East Africa is an adventure company with its activities on River Nile. Adrift is now seeking to employ an Accountant to join its finance team.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
Reports to: Chief Accountant
Location: Kangulumira, Kayunga
Key Responsibilities and Roles
Posting entries into Sage System.
Ensure cash collected is reconciled to receipts and invoices on a daily basis.
Ensure that all accountabilities for payments made are attached to the respective vouchers.
Preparing and balancing monthly ledgers.
Liaise with the reservations team and updating Sales Invoices in the accounting system.
Carrying out monthly bank and cash reconciliations.
Ensure compliance with all statutory deductions like Nssf, WHT, VAT & PAYE.
Prepare Customer and Supplier reconciliations on a monthly basis.
Ensure accurate reporting with strict adherence to the company policy.
Any other duties as assigned by the Chief Accountant.
Any other duties as assigned by the management.
Education, Skills and Experience
1. An honors’ degree in Business, Finance or Commerce
2. Professional qualification at least Level 2 CPA or ACCA
3. At least 2 years of working experience in a busy organization
4. Proven Integrity and confidentiality in executing duties.
5. High level of interpersonal and management skills.
6. Team player
7. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
8. Ability to work under minimum supervision.
9. Attention to detail.