Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) Admission
Cavendish University Uganda offers top Ugandan students an opportunity to study on Academic Excellence Scholarships starting July 2024. These scholarships cover up to 100% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students.
The University offers degree programmes in the following four faculties:
- Business and Management
- Science and Technology
- Socio-Economic Sciences
Qualified applicants may study in any of the above 4 faculties.
How it works
Qualified applicants should visit the Enrolment office at Cavendish University Uganda, Ggaba Road with the following documents:
- S-4 certificate (original and photocopy)
- S-6 certificate (original and photocopy)
The applicant will then be given the Cavendish University Excellence Scholarship application and a pre-entry test and oral interview will be scheduled.
Application deadline is 10th January for the January 2023 intake.
Scholarship recipients will be eligible for the scholarship for the duration of their studies as long as he or she maintains a CGPA of B+ (second-class upper division).
Receive final approval and start studying
Once you have completed the necessary process, including the English, Math test and oral interview; an Enrolment Officer will contact you with the Scholarship Committee’s final decision no later than January, 2024. If you do not hear from us by this date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants who are approved will need to officially register for classes through an Enrolment Officer and can begin their studies on Monday 17th January.
Applicants who are not approved can still study at Cavendish University Uganda by following the standard enrolment process.
To qualify for Cavendish University Excellence scholarships, an entering student should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ugandan Citizen
- Plan to attend classes in person (Distance Learning not eligible)
- Have at least 3 Principal Passes at A-level
- Have attained a total of at least 12 points at A-level at one sitting
- Strong interest in developing leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-entry written English and basic Math test
- Ability to pass an oral interview
- At least two letters of reference or recommendation one of which should be from a teacher that taught the applicant, and a second letter from any community leader or religious leader
Cavendish University Excellence Scholarship recipients will be required to attend leadership workshops and to play a role in peer-mentoring peer-tutoring and other intellectually enriching or university marketing work-study initiatives for 15 hours a week. Recipients will also be required to maintain a CGPA of B+ (second-class upper division).