Makerere University Direct Entry Scheme Admission
Makerere University Direct Entry Scheme Admission – Apply Now:
If you are a high school senior or a student who has completed high school and has not yet enrolled at another college or university after graduation, you should apply for freshman admission.
Freshman students are those who have not previously enrolled in a regionally accredited college or university, or who have only enrolled in college courses prior to high school graduation.
Freshman Admissions takes into account a number of factors. For instance, the exact courses you completed in high school and your grades in those courses.
Our Course offerings may vary each semester. Read about the detailed comprehensive list of current and recent courses offered at Makerere University scheduled for the academic year…
The Makerere University offers a wide range of study opportunities at different levels of your career.
These programs which are conducted in English as the language of instruction range from undergraduate, graduate as well as continuing career enhancement options. If standard study options dont apply to you, flexible study options may be more suitable.
- Evening Study programs designed to offer opportunities to mainly the working class although any interested person who meets the admission requirements can apply to be considered for admission.
- Distance learning or External study programs designed to benefit those who merit University education but for some reason are unable to attend regular classes at the University.
Makerere University Direct Entry Admissions General Instructions
Each applicant should:
Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programs, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2013, 2012 and 2011 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programs, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programs applied for. ( Details of the Diploma Admission requirements for the current academic year can be viewed on the notice boards of the undergraduate admissions office notice boards or on Makerere University website: http://mak.ac.ug) or here
Be a Graduate from a recognized university.
How to apply?
- Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from undergraduate admissions Office, Level 3, Senate Building, Makerere University. The school processes admissions in May/June every year.
- Non-refundable application fee of UG Shs.50,000/= for Ugandans and UG Shs.172,500/= for International applicants plus Bank charge of UG Shs.2,500/= should be paid from the following banks using Makerere University Paying-in-slips:
- Any STANBIC BANK BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 9030005816385
- DFCU BANK MAKERERE BRANCH MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 01013500181512
- CENTENARY BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 4912300001
- CRANE BANK MUC – FEES COLLECTION ACCOUNT 0145053500100
3. After paying, each applicant must attach a copy of the paying – in slip to the application form and submit the completed application form to the Undergraduate Admissions Office in the Senate Building, Makerere University.
Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are Not eligible for admission.
Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Applicants should not present forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered, are very grave indeed.
For the latest Cut-Off Points for the respective Academic programs to guide you in making choices for courses, programs, tuition and other fees requirements, check our News Website (http://news.mak.ac.ug)
For further enquiries, please contact the Academic Registrar’s Office through the addresses at the link below http://mak.ac.ug/services/academic-registrar
Please note that applications open in Mid-May and close by the End of July each year.
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Charles Sentongo
Deputy Registrar (Undergraduate Admissions and Records) Room 303, Senate Building
P.O. Box 7062, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 534343
Fax: +256 414 534125/541771
OR (For International Students)
33 Edge Road
P.O. Box 7062,
Mak On-line Application Instructions
The Short-Term Studentship Scheme:
Makerere University Diploma Admission Requirements