Makerere University MUK Applications For Graduate Programmes
The Academic Registrar, Makerere University invites applications for admission to Graduate Programmes (Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctoral Degree Programmes).
Applicants should have obtained at least a first or second class degree (or its equivalent) from a Chartered University at the time of completion.
Applicants should also possess a Uganda Certificate of Education (or its equivalent) and a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (or its equivalent).
All Graduate Programmes are PRIVATELY -SPONSORED. Therefore applicants seeking sponsorship should have their applications endorsed by their respective sponsors where applicable. Applicants should note that the various fees payable to the University indicated for the various programmes EXCLUDE functional fees, accommodation, books, research and other expenses.
PHD DEGREES BY RESEARCH ONLY:
All Colleges offer PhD degrees by Research. Applicants for PhD by research should have a Master’s degree in a field relevant to their area of further studies. Applicants will be required to submit on-line applications their applications on line any time in Room 410, Level 4 with a synopsis. For further information, please visit our website http://rgt.mak.ac.ug check on applying.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Postgraduate Diplomas – One Academic Year
Masters degrees (full time) – Two Academic Years
Masters degrees (part time) – Three – Four Academic Years
Masters of Medicine – Three Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Day) – Two Academic Years
Master of Public Health (Distance) – Three to Five Academic Years
PhD (Provisional Admission) – One Academic Year (Maximum)
PhD (Full Admission) – Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (full time) – Three Academic Years
PhD/MD/LLD (part time) – Five Academic Years
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY ONLINE APPLICATION PORTAL USERGUIDE
1. Visit the Makerere University’s Admissions URL https://apply.mak.ac.ug and generate a Payment Reference umber (PRN) by following the guide below.
2. Sign up using full name, e-mail and Mobile No. Please note that your name must be similar to the one on your supporting academic documents for your application to be considered valid.
3. A password will be sent to both your e-mail and mobile number.
4. The system will prompt you to change the password to the one you can easily remember.
5. To fill a form the applicant clicks on the APPLY NOW button di splayed on the appropriate scheme i.e. Postgraduate and Taught PhD or PhD Research
6. Obtain a payment advice slip by clicking on “Pay for Fom1” button
7. Make a payment at any of the following Banks:
(b) Post Bank
(c) Centenary Bank
(d) DFCU Bank
(e) UBA Bank
8. Print 2 copies of the filled system generated biodata form and attach 2 certified copies of your academic documents, 2 copies of all other relevant academic documents, 2 passport photos and the three referees’ letters of recommendation. You can access the referees’ letter by following the link here: Referee Letter of Recommendation for Admission to Graduate-Programmes
9. Submit in office No. 307/308; level3 Senate Building.
10. PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER FOR PAYMENT OF APPLICATION FEES
i) Go the payment reference site: https://pay.mak.ac.ug
ii) Fill in your name;
iii) Fill in your email;
iv) Fill in your telephone number – Go to the next
v) Click on the option number;
vi) Application fee UGX 50,000/= (East African applicants) or Ugx 151,500 (International Applicants)
vii) the pay reference number
viii) Go to the Bank and pay
For foreign applicants, application fees can be transferred either by EFT or any other means in UGX to a designated URA collection account in Bank of Uganda as follows:
UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY COLLECTIONS
BANK OF UGANDA
11. Strictly observe the closing date of Friday, 27th May.
12. All Applicants for Master of Laws (LLM) will do a Graduate Admission Test (GAT) consisting of an oral Interview and written test on dates and other requirements to be communicated by the School.
13. All Applicants for Master of Business Administration (College of Business and Management Sciences and .\ttakerere University Business School) will do a GMAT test on dates to be communicated by College of Business and Management Sciences and Makerere University Business
14. In addition to the general admission requirements, applicants for Master of Public Infrastructure Management (MPIM) must have “Proven professional experience of at least 2 years at managerial/supervisory level or policy-decision making position in a government, parastatal organ,
international organisation or non-governmental organisation” Applicants should attach a 2- page short CV and referee recommendations. Alfred Masikye Namoah ACADEMIC REGISTRAR File Attachment: