Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Grants Officer will provide support to the Grants office in managing CBOs /CSOs in accounting works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effective management of CBOs/CSOs for statutory and donor compliance.
- Ensure that all agreements and records, for CBOs/CSOs are well-maintained and updated.
- Support the capacity building of CBOs/CSOs in proper grants reporting.
- Conduct field monitoring visits to CBOs/CSOs together with the Regional CBO programs officer and CBO accountants.
- Participate in CBO/CSO pre-award assessment activities.
- Review CBO/CSO Budgets
- Submit budgets and funds requisitions for CBOs in the share-point system.
- Produce CBO/CSO monthly and quarterly reports in close collaboration with the Regional CBO Programs Officer and CBO Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting from reputable University.
- Full professional qualification ACCA, CPA.
- Evidence of excellent quantitative skills e.g. good grades in a mathematical field at O and A level
- Two years of experience in managing grants or finances for Donor funds
- Proficiency in using and Administration of Navision accounting software.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common financial software programs
- Strong Leadership skills and ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
All suitably qualified and interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates (One document), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered.
Deadline: Friday 6th March 2020 by 5:00pm.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification