Wezesha Impact is a FOR Impact organization that works to improve the employment outcomes of youth in Africa. We do this by running an experiential program equipping out of school youth and youth enrolled in Vocational training with entrepreneurship, employability and civic engagement skills. We believe that true empowerment is a result of skills development coupled with personalized mentoring and intensive coaching that unlock one’s ability to achieve their true potential. We believe that youth have the potential to lead a productive life and contribute positively to economic development.
Job Summary: In this role the Program Facilitator will be responsible for: Supporting and empowering instructors of Vocational Institutions through mentorship, coaching and training to ensure that the instructors successfully equip youth with entrepreneurship and employability skills. He/she will work closely with the Program Officer to ensure successful implementation of program activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruit Vocational Institutions to partner with MCE: 20%
- Research and Visit identified institutions, market VEEP and secure partnerships with the identified TVETs
- Engage with the TVETs to secure an instructor to run the VEEP program
Lead instructors’ trainings: 20%
- Organize and lead induction training for identified instructors from the various TVETs
- Liaise with the Program Officer to organize and conduct engaging instructor capacity building trainings
- Identify capacity gaps for instructors and schedule periodic mentoring and coaching sessions to equip instructors with the skills required to successfully implement the VEEP Program
- Hold exclusive meetings with instructors to understand their professional development needs and work with the Program Officer to tailor the instructor’s fellowship to meet noted professional development needs.
Manage recruitment and retention of youth in the program: 15%
- Support instructors to mobilize, sensitize and recruit youth that meet the recruitment criteria into the program and ensure registration as per the targeted numbers
- Coordinate and work with M&E to administer a baseline survey for all the registered youth as per the program
- Support instructors to maintain youth numbers to ensure retention of youth in the program
- Manage relationship with the institution leaders and management
Support Instructors to deliver program training sessions: 15%
- Review and prepare all materials necessary for session delivery and ensure all instructors receive a teaching Kit for the program
- Support instructors to organize sessions and ensure youth attendance and active participation.
- Ensure delivery of all training sessions as planned in the curriculum or manual for the program using the right methods and approaches
- Provide weekly feedback and recommendation on sessions following their delivery and support the design team to make improvements.
- Provide timely feedback on other program components to ensure timely revision and improvement for better impact
- Coordinate guest speakers and other inspirational speakers to share their experiences with the youth
Support instructors to conduct Mentorship and Coaching of youth: 15%
- Empower instructors to conduct youth mentoring and coaching sessions on business start-up and employment to ensure intended targets are achieved.
- Plan and conduct business and employment visits for youth, document and maintain updated profiles of youth businesses and employment
- Liaise with community professionals and build a community-based support network to ensure continued support for youth
- Network and find linkages and connections for youth and instructors relevant to their initiatives
- Research and find local partners to ensure support and sustainability of the program
Monitoring and reporting of progress: 15%
- Document all youth success stories for both internal and external sharing
- Provide periodical updates and reports about the program
- Maintain updated profiles of youth under the given area of operation
- Participate in organizing events and other activities
- Any other duties as might be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in humanities or related field
- Two years of experience working with youth in local communities.
- Two years of experience in a similar position preferred.
- Interpersonal skills, Communication and negotiation skills, business training skills and research skills
- Computer skills (MS-WORD, EXCEL), Internet use ability.
Method of Application
All candidates should submit an application and updated CV to: and copy the email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the subject: Program Facilitator
NOTE: Applicants MUST be based in Kampala.
Deadline: 6th March 2020