UNEB Hardware Technician Job Vacancy
JOB TITLE: HARDWARE TECHNICIAN
DIRECTORATE : TECHNOLOGY & REPROGRAPHICS
Responsible to: Sen. Systems Admin & Business Continuity
Responsible for: None
- Salary Scale: EB 5
- Purpose of the Job:
To maintain the UNEB IT and Network Hardware Infrastructure per best industry practice and following the UNEB ICT Strategy.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out actual timely repairs of, out of warranty faulty IT Hardware – High-End products and Server O/S faults and attending to emergency IT Equipment repair calls in the field Stations.
- Supervising and/or carrying out Installation and/or Upgrade of IT Hardware, installation, upgrade, and/or extension of various UNEB LANs as per user requirements and IEEE standards.
- Maintaining a database of problems and solutions to various IT Hardware problems as per sections requirements
- Verifying and installing new Computer Equipment upon acquisition and supervising the identification of obsolete and irreparable IT Hardware machines for boarding off.
- Providing Network User Support through troubleshooting and rectification of failed Network Hardware and Infrastructure.
- Installing IT Hardware and installation, and/or extension of LAN’s throughout UNEB offices per ICT set standards and industry best practices.
- Testing and verifying, in liaison with outsourced Preventive Maintenance (PM) teams, that PM of IT Equipment at UNEB stations is performed in line with agreed service standards.
- Responding to emergency service calls and carrying out minor repairs of PC O/S faults and applications in the field stations.
- Keeping a record of IT Equipment serviced both in the field and workshop and generating periodic management reports per agreed section service regulations.
- Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely repairs of, out of warranty faulty IT Hardware made and emergency IT Equipment repair calls in the field Stations attended to.
- A database of problems and solutions to various IT Hardware problems developed and maintained
- All new Computer Equipment verified and Installed upon acquisition, identification of obsolete and irreparable IT Hardware machines for boarding off supervised
- IT Hardware installed and/or extension of LAN’s throughout UNEB offices per ICT set standards and industry best practices.
- Outsourced Preventive Maintenance (PM) teams, tested and verified performed in line with agreed service standards.
- IT Equipment serviced and recorded both in the field and workshop and generate periodic management reports per agreed section service regulations.
- Key Decision Making
- Equipment servicing schedule
- Equipment to replace or upgrade.
- Person specification
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering OR
- A higher diploma in Information Technology or Computer science with six years or more of experience in the maintenance of IT Hardware and Network infrastructure in a large corporate environment
- A relevant Professional certification such as CISCO, MCSE, or equivalent.
- A postgraduate qualification in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Work Experience
At least 3 years’ experience in the maintenance of IT hardware and network infrastructure in a large corporate environment
- Customer focused and sensitive to high-quality services.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Fast problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Operating systems such as Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, Novell Netware, and working with the TCP/IP protocol.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
35 Matyrs’ Way Ntinda, Kampala, UGANDA.
- Working hours:
Mon – Fri: 8AM – 5PM
- Call us Toll Free: